Checking You Out

"Alright, folks, and... action!" The director yells out.

[I Love Me starts resumes from the last shot]

I'm walking from one part of the set to the next as the director told me to. I'm singing my lyrics and as soon as I finish the line, there's a cast member that they put on the team.

I don't usually pay attention to the extras because I'm always in my own little world when I shoot music videos. But this girl, she just caught my eye.

I'm still walking and I wanted to check her out but I had to make it subtle. I slowly turned my head and peeked at this girl walking past me.

I'm liking what I see and she's definitely looking better from the back than the front

I'm liking what I see and she's definitely looking better from the back than the front. All I kept thinking about was how I was going to approach her off-camera.

I turned back around and finished singing my next lyric. Hopefully, I made it look as discrete as humanly possible, 'cause I don't want to reshoot the same part. I don't have the patience for that.

"Alright and cut! That was great. Ok, people, we're gonna shoot the last parts of the video and that would be a wrap. Get into your positions, everyone."

The dancers and extras are getting into their other spots in order to finish the remainder of the video.
When I got into my place for the shooting of the video, the girl who walked past me was dancing right behind me.

I knew it was her being that I remembered the scent of her perfume. It was quite enticing.

{An hour later}

"And that's a wrap! You all were awesome. My colleague Alex is gonna send this to the editor. Have a nice day."

I got dressed from out of my wardrobe and into my regular clothes. I went out into the parking lot and walked to my car when I saw the mystery girl from the set.

She looked confused and lost. I saw her looking at her phone and squinting at it as if she didn't know what was on the screen. When I got into the car, I circled around to reach her and honked my horn.

"Need a ride?" I asked.

"Yeah. You don't mind, do you?" She asked.

"Of course not. That's why I asked. Hop in." I smiled.

"Thanks." She replied while getting in.

I nodded and waited until she was buckled in so I could drive away. She told me her address and I put it into the GPS. Afterward, we were off.

"Once again, thank you very much. My Uber app was being a glitchy mess and my parents are out of town, so they couldn't pick me up and my friend is at work. It'd be rude of me to ask her to stop what she's doing and come and get me." She said while slumping in her seat a bit.

"It's not a problem. I don't like seeing anyone in distress." I smiled.

"You're so sweet. I appreciate it." She grinned.

"Anything to help. By the way, I didn't catch your name."

"Oh. I'm Y/n. I already know who you are. I'm actually a bit of a fan." She chuckled.

"Good to know. I'm flattered." I giggled.

"Yeah. My friends aren't gonna believe that Demi Lovato gave me a ride home."

"If I were one of them, I'm sure I wouldn't believe it either." I chuckled.

"Makes sense. By the way, while I was performing, I couldn't help but notice you glancing at me a few times on set. Did I catch your eye?" She asked smirking.

My eyes grew wider and wider. Looks like she caught me.

"I guess I'm busted." I chuckled.

"Mm-hmm. Gotcha." She smiled.

"Oops." I laughed.

A few minutes later, I pulled up to her house.

"Well, here we are," I said looking at the front of her apartment building.

"Yep... here we are..." she replied in a sad and dry tone.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"I just really enjoyed being with you and fact that we might not hang out after this makes me feel a certain way." She said bringing her hair behind her ear.

"Aww, it doesn't have to end like this. Why don't I take your number down and you can give me a call some time? How does that sound?" I asked.

"Wait, really?" She asked with a little smile.

"Yeah. I'm free this weekend. How 'bout it?" I chuckled.

"That's great. Um, I just need to give you my number." She smiled.

"Sure. Here's my phone. Just, uh, put your number down and I'll give you a call sometime tomorrow." I smirked as I handed her my phone.

"Awesome." She grinned as she put her number in my phone.

She handed it back with a smile as she opened the door.

"I'll call as soon as I get upstairs." Y/n said to me.

"Cool. I look forward to hearing from you." I smiled back.

"Likewise." She responded.

The door closed and I watched her walk into her building. As soon as she was safely inside, I pulled away to drive home.