The Girl

I'm finished with my night shift at the grocery store and I looked out the window to see that it was raining. Not only was it dark but, it was raining really hard outside. I wanted to drown the noise of the water hitting the floor, so I've decided to listen to my iPod.

I've been walking for only six minutes and I saw a girl walking home. She looked sad and seemed to be crying. I was curious and I wanted to see if she needed any help.

I slowly walked up to her, but carefully so that I wouldn't startle her

I slowly walked up to her, but carefully so that I wouldn't startle her. I gently tapped her on the shoulder.

She slowly looked up and I began speaking to her.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I don't mean to pry, but are you alright?"

"No, I'm having a bit of a rough night. My tour bus broke down and my boyfriend left me for someone. My night is going horribly wrong." She replied.

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear."

"It's fine. I'm just not okay."

"I can see that. I'm sure he was a jerk."

"He was. I don't even know why I put up with him." She said rolling her eyes.

"Well, you're free now. I think that's the bright side." I said smiling.

She looked at me and a smile crept upon her face. I smiled, even more, knowing that I found a way to make her feel happy.

"You have a beautiful smile," I added.

Her cheeks became red and she was flustered.

"Oh, thank you." She replied giggling.

"You're welcome," I responded.

We chuckled for a few seconds and I took it upon myself to get to know her.

"I'm Y/n. Do you mind telling me your name?" I asked gently.

"Demi." She said with a grin.

"Wow. Your name is pretty, too." I said giggling.

"You're just on a roll with the compliments, but thank you." She laughed.

"Oh, those aren't compliments. They're facts." I grinned.

She smiled again and brushed her hair behind her ear. The driver of her tour bus called out to her, notifying her that the bus was fixed.

"Demi. We fixed the engine and we're pulling off." He said waving her over.

"I have to go. Oh, wait, do you need a ride? I can't have you walking home in the dark." She offered.

"It's fine. I don't want to be a bother." I replied.

"Don't be ridiculous. It's fine. We can make another stop." She smiled.

"Ok. Sure, I'll come." I said grinning.

"Yay! Come on." She laughed.

We laughed as we ran to the bus.

"Don't worry. She's with me." She told security.

We sat down on the bus until we stopped in front of the house. She gave me her number and I went into the house and thought about the young lady I met.