Chapter 9- Desperate need for pants

"Oh my gosh! Isn't that guy hot!?" Chloe exclaimed. Karen and Denise grinned and nodded excitingly in response. "Well ,if you'll excuse me freckles girl." Chloe said without looking at me and strode of with the other two trailing behind her.

"Aahhhrrggghhh!!" Since when did I have freckles!?" I exclaimed, momentarily forgetting something important at hand.

"It's no use ranting at them Sammy."

"Stop calling me that!" I whirled around and faced Jaden. My reflection from a tinted glass window behind him showed my extremely angry expression and my irises glowed green for a while before returning back to normal.

Oh no. I thought and spun around, rushing towards the washroom before they had a chance to call my name. I slammed into the toilet door and rushed into one of the stalls, unintentionally attracting attention with my ungraceful act.

"Sam, are you alright?" Tina asked a few seconds later from the other side of the door.

"No! leave me alone." I could already hear the ringing in my ears.

"But Sam..."

"I said I'm fine. Leave me." I said through clenched teeth.

"Well okay. Just telling you that you dropped your bag on the floor." She said and passed me my bag through the gap below the door. I managed a thanks in return.

"If you need anything, just tell us okay?"She said. "We'll wait outside."

"You guys watch the movie. I'm not feeling so well." I did a failed attempt of a cough which sounded like I was choking as there was another ringing pain in my ears.

"Are you sure you don't want us to accompany you?"

"Sure. I'll call you back when I reach home okay, promise!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, okay." she said, followed by a door opening and closing. Just then, the ringing in my ears stopped and I could hear Tina and Jaden even when the door was closed. It was virtually impossible for a normal human to do so.

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah. She said she's not feeling well and asked us to watch the movie without her."

"Oh, okay." I could hear uncertainty from the way he spoke as they walked away.

Twenty seconds later, I opened the door and peeked through the small gap to see that nobody was there. I rushed to the main door and locked it. Realizing something, I checked the other stalls to see if anybody else was in.

"Okay, nobody's here." I searched for my phone and dialed my mom's number. It was surprising that my transformation wasn't as painful as the other night. I was afraid that it would be the same, or I would have attracted much more attention with my trashes and screams.

"Mom!" I exclaimed before she said anything. "I need you to come right now."

"What's wrong Sam?" she asked.

"I transformed, and I don't have any disguise with me! What am I supposed to do!?" If not my eyes, my fiery crimson hair or my height would surely attract attention. I jumped up in panic as someone tried to open the door, followed by a few knocks.

"Hello? Anybody in there?"

"I think the door's locked." said

another voice.