Prologue

"Stop! What are you doing!!" I turned around to the sound of that voice. What the...what's he doing here?! No! Do not let your emotions distract you Sam. You're here for a reason, and one reason only! Said the voice in my head.

I obeyed that voice, and ran as fast as I could. No use trying to keep quiet when you're already discovered. In a matter of seconds, this place will be filled with guards. I found the stairs and ran up as fast as my legs could carry me. The weight in my pocket did not slow me down.

I reached the top of the building and ran towards the edge. Whoa, that's a long way down. I thought.

"Stop where you are you thief!" I turned toward the sound of that voice, and sure enough, the person with a voice too familiar stood ten metres away from me. I took a step backward and I could feel nothing below the heel of my right foot.

Footsteps could be heard, and ten or more guards rushed up the roof seconds later. They raised their pistols and pointed them at me. Keep a cool face Sam! You're a professional! Professionals leave a cool impression behind." I thought.

I smiled as I took one last look at the boy behind a line of guards still with their pistols raised, waved them goodbye and let myself fall.