Chapter 8-Chloe and her lackeys.

"A few security guards were found unconscious in the parking lot of The Mall early this morning. They tried to stop a suspicious figure from breaking in, but failed to do so.  

              All of them claimed to have seen the thief eyes glowed bright green and her hair was blazing red. Unfortunately, none of them have proof to this as the CCTV's were not working at that time..." 

             "Take a look at this Sammy, you're on the news!" Grandpa shouted all the way from the kitchen. And yes, we do have a television in the kitchen.  

             "Yeah grandpa! I could hear it all the way from the toilet!!" I shouted back. I was having a really bad stomach ache and I was pretty sure it was from the sandwich I ate earlier at Starbucks.  

             Don't get me wrong, it's not that the food sucked or anything. It was probably because of that little amount of cheese I accidentally consumed that dragged me into this miserable state. 

            "Come on Sam, you're gonna miss the whole news!" Mom shouted just as loud as grandpa. I ignored as I was busy washing my face . 

          I could hear footsteps pacing closer and closer. Just as the first knock came, I opened the door and dad asked. " Are you okay? Did you eat cheese again? Dad asked and I nodded miserably. 

            "Tsk Tsk. You should be more careful." was all he said and was off to bed. 

             I entered the kitchen feeling a tiny bit better as I smelled my favourite drink. Hot chocolate. 

            Oh god, it's insanely mouth watering!  

           Whenever I had a stomach ache, mom would always make me a cup of hot chocolate for me and it would always make me feel better. Eventually, mom stopped making it for me because she claimed that I was old enough to make it myself. It was surprising that mom would make me one now, even when I'm terribly sick. 

            I stumbled towards the table and took a small sip, tasting it's strong aromatic flavour before swallowing it.  

           "Thanks mom for the amazingly awesome hot chocolate!" I said and took another sip of the delicious drink. 

          "Erm..that's mine you're drinking." grandpa said and I felt my cheeks flushed with embarrassment. 

             "Sam, over here! Tina shouted. I turned towards her voice and scanned around the slightly crowded area. I spotted her almost immediately as she wore a bright pink t-shirt and white shorts. Her heels were insanely high and she towered over me as I stood beside her. I only wore a simple pair of sneakers. 

           "Great outfit." Tina said as we started walking towards McDonalds for breakfast. 

            " Thanks. You too!" I replied. 

            The truth was, I did not like what I was wearing. Mom insisted that I wore a dress. It was in the colour that I hated most, pink. 

            I was supposed to wear high heels, but I managed to persuade her that I should not by saying that I accidentally sprained my ankle yesterday. Lucky me! And by the way, it wasn't an excuse. I did twist my ankle, when I was on the way home from Starbucks. 

           "Jaden called and said that he'll be late. So we'll be meeting with him at McD's." Tina said and I nodded my head. 

            Once we arrived at McD's, I told Tina to find a place for us to seat as the place was getting really crowded. There were five people in front of me and I prayed that they'll order fast. I was starving.