Chapter 12(extended)

"It's been days since Tina hung out with us. I wonder what's wrong with her?" Jaden said as we cycled back from school.

Whose fault do you think it is dammit! I thought.

"Why are you even here Jaden, don't you have any other friends to hangout with?" I asked in a monotonous voice.

"I have a few, but we're not exactly close so we don't hang out much. And, I use this way to go home so yeah." He answered.

I bet the only reason why he's always around is to ask about Sam Rider. I've been making up stories about her for the past few days that I'm running out of ideas. By the looks of it, it's only a matter of time before I let slip of something, and he'll soon find out about my identity.

What am I going to do?! To emphasize my worried behavior, I scratched my head, balancing in my bicycle with only my left hand on the handles.

"Sammy, watch out!" Jaden shouted and I cried out in response. A stray cat was in the way and I made a swerve to the right, narrowly avoiding cycling into the cat. However, my balance was off and it all happened too fast that I didn't have time to regain my balance.

I fell.

"Are you okay Sammy?! That's what you get for not keeping your hand on the handles Sammy!" Jaden shouted.

"Ow wow! It hurts!" I exclaimed, ignoring Jaden's remark about my carelessness and inspected my wounds. My knees suffered the most, followed by my palms. If it weren't for my hoodie, my arms and elbows would have been hurt as well.

"Stupid cat." I murmured. The cat was still in the same position before I almost hit it with my bicycle. "Move your fat ass away stupid!" I shouted but it ignored me.

This is why I hate animals.

Jaden ran over to where I fell and said. "You know, I have a first aid kit in my house. I can help you...oh no, you're bleeding so much!"

Honestly, there wasn't even much blood oozing out from my wounds. There were only a few small scrapes and cuts on my knees and my palms.

Don't worry! my house is just around the corner. Stay put and don't move! It'll only take a shortwhile!" Jaden shouted as he was already cycling in the direction of his house.

"Wait! At least help me get up!" I exclaimed just as he disappeared around the corner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My house is just around the corner, he said. It'll only take a shortwhile, he said." I mimicked his voice. "It's already been five minutes dammit! What's taking him so long?!" I exclaimed and hit my palms on the pavement, which made my wounds worse.

"Ouch! I exclaimed. I was getting really impatient here. I refused to spend my lovely Friday evening sitting on the pavement with a fat cat that caused me to be in such a miserable state.

Ten seconds later, I couldn't wait any longer. I got up and continued my journey home, paddling furiously and ignoring the pain in my wounds.

"Get out of the way you freaking idiot!" I shouted when I almost knocked down another stray cat.

My anger just kept rising as more obstacles such as newspapers and plastic wrappers got in the way.

"What's wrong with these people?! Don't they know the reason for the existence of rubbish bins?!" I shouted, which earned me a few looks from the people nearby. I bet I looked like some crazy kid who has nothing better to do but ride bicycles and shouting like a maniac. I didn't realize that I cycled past Jaden's house until I heard him shouting my name.