Chapter 10-The truth is out. Or is it?

I rushed into the living room to see Tina kneeling on the sofa with both of her hands pressed firmly on the pillows beside her.

"What happened!?" I asked just as Jaden ran in.

"C...c..." she stammered.

"Cockroach? Where?" I exclaimed while scanning the room.

"CAT!!!"

"What!?" Jaden and I cried out in surprise. My eyes followed her finger and landed under the table. Maxie lay on her stomach, staring curiously at Tina with her big green eyes.

"Get it away from me!" She exclaimed while pointing at Maxie who wore a curious expression on her face. "Hurry!"

"Okay, okay!" I crouched down to carry carry her but she leapt up and ran towards the stairs just as my hands entered her one metre radius.

I guess she still doesn't like me. I thought.

"You're afraid of cats? Seriously?" Jaden laughed and Tina's face flushed with embarrassment. His laugh was so contagious that I unintentionally joined in.

"Sorry. It's just the first time I heard that someone is scared of cats." I said, pressing my hands against my stomach. Jaden let out a sigh after laughing for almost 20 seconds.

"Isn't everybody scared of something!?" Tina still didn't put her feet down from the sofa, as if she was afraid that doing so would attract the cat's attention.

"But cats are not scary! They are extremely gentle creatures." Jaden said and nodded his head.

"How would you know? Cats have these huge looking eyes that just creeps me out. You should have seen how your cat looked at me!" Tina exclaimed. They continued their heated argument about cats for about a minute or so when mom came into the living room.

"What was that scream about?" she asked.

Jaden and I looked at Tina and started laughing again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What are you thinking of Sammy?" Grandpa asked over dinner.

I sighed. I was tired of correcting him not to call me that so I ignored it. "I was wondering, if someone were to find out that I can transform, what do I do?" I asked.

Grandpa slammed his hand on the table, but not too hard for me to be jump up of my seat. Instead, I just blinked in surprise.

"Sammy. It is important that you keep this a secret, no matter what." he said.

I thought for a few more seconds and asked. "What about if someone suspects something?"

"What do you mean? Is someone suspecting you?"

"No!" I replied a little too fast. I could feel grandpa's suspicious stare at me as I cleared my throat.

"I was just asking. You know, be prepared like you always said."

Grandpa's gaze relaxed as I said this. "Well just tell that person that he's nuts and he or she should just go to the MPH. Then..." grandpa deliberately paused for a while and said:

"You walk away." He said using gestures, his eyes twinkling while he said that. I nodded with my mouth shaped in an o shape.

"MPH?" mom asked with a smile on her face.