Chapter 18: Chunin Exams.

-Konoha Academy-

After meeting up with team seven outside the Konoha Academy Naruto and the rest of team seven entered the building and headed for the room where the exam would be held.

As they walked up the flight of stairs to the floor where the exam was going to be held, they saw a large crowd gathered outside the room on the second floor, where the exam was said to be held. As they got closer they saw a boy in a green outfit being pushed back by two tall looking Genin, who were blocking the way into the room.

"You're actually trying to take the Chunin exam at your level?" mocked one of the Genin.

"You kids should quiet while you still can, as you won't last in the exam" said the other Genin.

"Please just let us through" spoke Tenten as she helped Lee back up and then tried to walk though, only to be pushed back by one of the two boys.

"Hey there no need to do that!" spoke another Genin in the waiting crowed.

"Huh! We're doing you all a favour by keeping from doing the exam, as it is extremely difficult and we've seen people get seriously injured in it, since they weren't ready for it" spoke one of the two boys who had two bandages on his cheeks.

"He's right, as a Chunin is a leader of the squad and it's his job to make sure that his subordinates come back alive from a mission, so what's wrong with weeding out the weaklings, as they aren't going to pass anyway if they can't get by us" said the other boy.

"That's a pretty sound argument, but I'll pass" spoke Sasuke as he stepped forward, "Also undo this field that you created by using Genjutsu, as I want to go to the third floor where the exam is being held."

At hearing this many people in the crowd grew confused, not understanding what Sasuke was talking about.

"Oh so you notice?" spoke the boy with the bandages on his face.

"Yea, you guys also noticed earlier?" said Sasuke where he looked back at Naruto and Sakura, "As both of you've have the best analysing skills and Genjutsu know how on our squad."

Naruto of just nodded, as he had indeed notice upon coming to the second floor. While Sakura, who hadn't really notice at all just pretended to have and take any praise she could get from Sasuke. Sai had also notice the weak Genjutsu, but like Naruto had said nothing, not wanting to draw attention to himself.

"You're pretty good, but just being able to detect isn't enough" spoke the boy with the bandages on his face, he quickly flipped forward to kick Sasuke, who saw it coming and prepared to block the kick with a kick of his own.

But just as the two were about to hit each other, Lee suddenly appeared between them and caught both their legs.

"He's fast" thought Naruto with some surprise, as he only noticed Lee right when he appeared between Sasuke at the other Genin, "He's a completely different person, that he was a moment ago...he must have been only letting those guys push him around so to keep his real skill level from everyone else so they would underestimate him."

"He stopped by kick" thought Sasuke with some surprise and annoyance at how easily Lee had caught his kick.

Soon after Lee let go of both Sasuke and the other boy, where when he did, his team-mates walked up to him.

"You broke our promise" spoke Neji, when he a Tenten came up to Lee. "You're the one who didn't want to gain people's attention, by doing something to stand out."

"I'm sorry" spoke Lee, where the then turned to look at Sakura and blush a little.

Upon seeing this Neji scoffed as he figured Lee had done what he did to impress Sakura.