Chapter 29: Round Two

-In the Arena-

Upon seeing the two tardy Shinobi, the examiner Genma could only shake his head in amusement.

"Name?" he asked, even though he knew it already who Sasuke was.

"Uchiha Sasuke" the raven haired boy replied. Who was wearing his new attire which was a black, one-pieced version of older outfit with many small arm-belts adorning his left arm and similar bands around both legs

-In the Audience-

With the arrival of the Uchiha heir, the crowed broke into a thunderous cheer, happy to see that the Uchiha had finally appeared.

"Sasuke-kun" Sakura said happily, when she saw the young Uchiha safe and sound.

"Yosh, he made it just in time" Lee said, who was sitting next to his team-mate Tenten and his Sensei Gai.

-In the Kage Box-

"Well now, it seems that he has finally arrived" the Mizukage said with an amused smile.

"Hmph, it's about time" the Raikage scoffed, since he was rather annoyed with how long he had kept them waiting. But despite how annoyed he was, he was still pleased that Sasuke had arrived in time, since now his plan for humiliating Konoha in the finals could work.

When Jiraiya and Tsunade saw that Sasuke had finally arrived, they both glanced over at the Kazekage, who looked rather pleased, if not a little excited.

They of course weren't the only who notice this, as the former Sensei the Sandaime saw the same look in the Suna Kage's eyes, which made him more cautious of the man.

-In the Finalist Box-

"Geez, he caused everyone a lot of trouble and he doesn't look the least bit sorry about it" an annoyed Shikamaru thought. "He's probably just waited until now to show up, just so that he could make a bigger entrance."

"And not a second to spare, yesh" an irritated Naruto thought when he saw Sasuke and Kaskahi finally appear. "I seriously hope Jiji or someone chews Kakashi-sensei out for being this later, as he held up whole finals and nearly got Sasuke disqualified."

"About time!" said Karui, who was upset with the whole delay. Not to mention the fact that she was fighting the urge to punch Sai in the face, who was standing near her with his annoying fake smile.

"Looks like you just made it Uchiha" Sai thought, as he looked down at the two Sharingan wielders, while ignoring Karui's angry glares.

"Finally he's appeared, now we have a chance at accomplishing our mission" Yugito thought before turning to Omoi who just nodded.

"Looks like I'm up" Omoi muttered before he jumped over the railing and down to the arena.

-In the Arena-

"Well, um...It's hard to ask this after we've entered the stage with such a flashy performance...But did Sasuke get...disqualified?" asked an embarrassed Kakashi as he scratched his head nervously.

At this Genma just shook his head in amusement and smiled slight, "He must've caught your bad habit of being late."

"So is he..."

"No he isn't, Sasuke match was put on hold...twice in fact... you both arrived just in time, so he didn't get disqualified."

"I'm glad to hear that" Kakashi said with a look of relief on his face.