Chapter 6: A Secret

"Kukuku... I must say, you are leaving me quite surprised, Naruto-kun..." The Sannin commented as if he was having the time of his life.

Naruto glared down at his opponent. "You shouldn't have underestimated me..." He said. "I'm strong... Stronger than you could ever imagine!" The Uzumaki exclaimed as he activated the Sora Sharingan and looked straight into Orochimaru's eyes.

It was as if time had suddenly stopped for the Sannin as all of the thoughts in his head were wiped out, leaving space only for the pair of navy blue eyes with white comas that were firmly starting into his serpent-like eyes.

Too lost in his own pondering, the pale man almost missed when the young blond opened his mouth and muttered the word. "Amaterasu." Acting out of instinct more than anything else, the snake summoner immediately jumped onto another tree. The next second, the branch where he had been standing on burst into black flames that consumed it in a matter of seconds.

Orochimaru's eyes quickly shifted back and forth between Naruto's eyes and the black flames he had conjured. "Impossible..." He whispered, holding his gaze on the flames before starting at the genin again. "How can you have a Sharingan?" The Sannin asked in a low vice, the mirth he had when he was mocking the young man was completely gone.

Naruto narrowed his eyes as he looked down at his hand for a couple of seconds before answering. "You ask how I can have it?" The spiky haired boy repeated before suddenly closing his hand in a tight fist. "I would have thought it would be obvious... This is the Sora Sharingan, this is my bloodline!" The Uzumaki firmly stated.

The genin's answer failed to satisfy the older shinobi as his face changed from shock to anger. Taking a few seconds, Orochimaru composed himself. "I always did find it odd how my spies could not get any information about your heritages..." The black man commented. "I could guess who your father was due to your physical characteristics and the circumstances regarding your birth, but... Your mother...?" The Sannin wondered out loud.

The blonde's Sharingan eyes narrowed at the man's words.

"Kukuku..." A low chuckle escaped Orochimaru. "I see now... So this is the result of combining the Uchiha and Namikaze bloodlines." He said. "But to be able to use techniques unique to the Mangekyou Sharingan... Now that is impressive." The snake summoner commented with a smirk.

Having heard enough, the blond jumped forward and immediately appeared in front of Orochimaru.

The Jinchuuriki drove his fist into the Sannin's stomach, sending the older man flying into a tree. "Having the Sharingan helps me regulate the chakra throughout my body... Giving me almost perfect chakra control." He revealed. "Plus it allows me to see when my opponents are gathering chakra to attack or flexing their muscles when they are about to defend themselves."

Orochimaru glared at the genin. "Yes... I know how the Sharingan works..." The Sannin commented as the young man started advancing towards him, forcing the man to put some distance continue putting distance between them.

The older shinobi was in a bit of a conundrum. One part of him was dying to know what the spiky haired boy and his strange Sharingan could do, but the other was aware that in his restricted state he might not be able to beat the Jinchuuriki, and going all out was out of the question because, if the Third became aware of his presence, his whole plan would be ruined.

Taking advantage that his opponent's mind seemed to be distracted, Naruto quickly performed a series of hand seals. "Goukakyuu no Jutsu!" Immediately, another enormous fireball came out of the Leaf nin's mouth and shot towards the black haired man.

Orochimaru had foreseen the incoming attack and easily jumped out of the way. Unfortunately, the spiky haired boy had jumped even higher than him and proceeded to drive his hell right to the top of the missing nin's head, sending him crashing down to the ground.