Chapter 12: ???

-Emmas POV-

~1 Week later~

"I told you that I had a doctors appointment tomorrow right?" I asked Ray.

He looked up from his desk, and spun his chair around, "Yeah, why?"

"Can you come with me? I don't want to go with just my mom," I asked, turning on the bed so I could face him.

"Emma," he started.

"Please Ray, this is the first doctors appointment. Why wouldn't you come?" I asked him.

Ray heaved a sign, and I smiled at him to try and convince him even more. He smiled back at my actions and replied, "I'll go with you. Don't worry."

I get up from his bed and thank him before heading downstairs. I go to the kitchen and see aunty there. "Hi."

"Hey Em, I've been meaning to ask, but are you and Ray even together?" she asked as she continued cutting tomatoes.

I let a nervous laugh slip out of my mouth, "No..."

She stopped cutting the tomatoes and looked at me confused, "Then how did you guys even end up having sex?"

I blushed with embarrassment when she said the word. I wasn't expecting that to come out so naturally, "Umm.."

She laughed at my hesitation, "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it right now," then she continued cutting the tomatoes.

"No, I'm okay with talking about how I even got, yknow, pregnant, but I wasn't expecting sex to come out of your mouth so easily."

She laughed once again, "Why was it so unexpected you guys already had it, and I am pretty sure your mother has had this kind of talk with you before you were even pregnant."

"True, but its still embarrassing."

"Okay then. Did Ray tell you he was going to the doctor's appointment with you? He said he was going to tell you today."

"Yes, but no. I asked him if he wanted to go, and I cut him off before he could even finish his sentence. I thought he didn't want to go at first," I said, scratching my neck back.

"Why did you think he didn't want to go?" she asked, now going to the stove to check on the meat.

"I don't know. I just kinda felt like he wanted to hang out with his other friends instead," I said laughing nervously.

"Emma, Ray has told you that you are like the most important person to him, right?" she asked me.

"Kinda, he always says that I am too important to lose when I do something dangerous or stupid, well he thinks that it's dangerous or stupid. Also whenever it's just us he says that if he had to choose between the group and us he would choose us all the time."

"Okay, so, why would he miss the doctor's appointment of the most important person to him, that is also carrying his other most important person in his life?"

"When you put it like that it makes me sound dumb, Aunty," I said grabbing an orange out of the refrigerator.

"That's because it sounded stupid, she said laughing. The tacos are almost ready, can you get Ray and Jemima?"

"Okay~"

~

"Ray, tacos are re- oh."

I approached Ray. He was knocked out on his desk. He still had his phone on, and his homework out. He was lying on his homework and still had his pencil in his hand.

I chuckled. He's been pretty busy lately with school, sports, and now trying to find a job. As much as I want him to get rest; I want to make sure he is healthy as well.

I tap his forearm in a pattern, and he moved slightly. "Ray, you have to get up. Food is ready."

His face was now completely covered, and all that remained on his arms was his hair. I heard him let out a heavy sigh and he got up and pulled me with him downstairs.

"You look like you were asleep," Jemima, Rays adopted little sister, said.

"That's because I was idiot," he replied, ruffling the top of her head.

"Stop that Rayyy," she whined.

"Leave her alone Ray," Aunty said, as she sat down.

I chuckled, I always wanted siblings, but never got the chance to get one. I saw how ray grabbed two plates and he separated them. "How many do you want?" he asked me.

"3," I replied to him. He gave me three tacos and himself 2. I guess he wasnt going to get that much because he was tired.

"Emma, I heard Mom and Ray talking, are you really pregnant?" she asked me not looking up from her plate. Jemima was in 7th grade, so she already knew some terms.

I replied to her, "Yes."

"So Im finally going to be an aunt? I was waiting for this day to come!"

"Yeah," I replied taking deep breaths of embarrassment, so was Ray though. Aunty was just laughing to herself.

"Does that mean you and Ray are going to live together?" she asked me finally looking up from her plate and to me.

The tables went dead silent. We never discussed this. I, nor Ray even brought it up to either of our parents. "Umm, we dont know Jemima."