ᴴⁱᵍʰ ᴱⁿᵒᵘᵍʰ

𝐷𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑛 𝐸𝑣𝑎𝑛𝑠
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
he/him
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

Devon stared warily at the boy, his breath quickening as he gripped the doors handle.

"It'll kill you one day."

You sighed at his comment, putting the plastic bag down.

"So I've been told."

"This is serious MC. This is the fourth time this month that I've told you to stop. And they're only the times I've caught you!"

"Chillax mann, there's no need to be so uptight 'bout it."

His mouth gaped, resembling a fish. "The- What the fuck dude!? ' no reason to be uptight ' you're killing yourself!"

"Then I can die happy." You winked, popping open the lid of one of the many bottles surrounding you.

"... we care about you. How do you think your [parent/guardian] would feel about this?"

"Ah ah ah, one, they wouldn't give a fuck. In fact, they might even join my deadbeat ass. Two, don't fucking talk about my [parent/guardian] you hypocrite." You winced as the words left your mouth, ready to recoil and apologize before stopping yourself. Why should he? It was Devon's fault.

Yes. It was Devon's fault. It.. it had to be Devon's fault.

"You- you know that I...  I know that you don't mean that, but it really hurts man."

You looked away from him as he tugged on his shirt, his lip quivering as he spoke.

"You're getting second hand shit the longer you stand there. Either join me, like old times, Or fuck off."

He sniffed, obviously trying to hide the fact that he was tearing up as you winced.

You hated seeing him like this, but you can't have him involved with you anymore. Enough was enough.

"I'm just trying to help you.."

"I don't need help. I need to get fucked."

Devon blinked back tears as he suddenly became aware of the tingling feeling in his hands.

He was undoubtedly getting a secondhand high.

He promised himself to stop but the overwhelming sprinkling of nerves was just so addicting.

He had to get out of there.

He couldn't do this again.

"I just can't do this right now. Jakes waiting outside... I'll see you around MC."

The Wheelers name sent a pang to your heart.

"What happened to you Evans? You used to be fun."

"I grew up. Maybe you should too.."