Chapter 9 - Dazzling Smile

Three Months Later...

As I was in the back of my family's bakery, practicing my baking by prepping some more stuff for the shop, my mind kept wandering back to wondering what Honoka is up to. The same day graduation came for the third years at Otonokizaka, Muse was invited to perform in New York. I've tried to call Honoka at least once a day since she left, and while she should be back home today, besides talking before she got on the plane, I figured when she landed she'd want to take her stuff home before spending a bit more time with the girls in Muse and catch up with her family. I'll definitely call and see how she's doing this evening, alongside working out plans for a date tomorrow while we're at it, but for now, as much as I want to see her, I figure it's best to just give her some time to put her stuff down and catch her breath.

After I took my latest loaf and took it to proof one last time before I baked it, I backed away and pulled out my phone to send Honoka a message telling her that I love her. As I got my phone out, this part time guy Dad recently hired to mind the front of the shop entered the back. What's his name again? I think it was like Naoki or Daisuke or something...

"Hey Y/n, there's somebody up front asking for you specifically." he said

"Right, thanks Moto." I said as I headed towards the entrance

"My name is Meguro." he said

"Right, sorry." I said

As I stepped out into the front of the store, I saw a familiar head of auburn hair looking towards me with a smile on her face, and as I saw her, a smile grew on my face as well.

"Y/n, I missed you!" Honoka said, running up and hugging me

I returned her hug and said "Hey Honoka, I thought you'd be taking a breather at home after everything. And I'd just see you tomorrow or something."

"Come on, I couldn't wait another day to see you in person." Honoka said

"I should've figured." I said, smiling "Hey, how about instead of standing out here we head up into the actual living room?"

"Alright." Honoka responded

We headed upstairs, and once we got to the living room, I found my mom sleeping across the length of the couch. "Alright, maybe we should head to my room instead." I said

After showing Honoka the way to my room, I shut the door behind us. You know, I don't think I've ever actually spent time with Honoka in my room. We either spend time together in the living room when we're at my place.

"So this is your room..." Honoka said, looking around

"Not much, I know." I said as I headed to my bed and flopped down on the side, sitting back up after a moment.

"It's nice." Honoka said, continuing to look around, now looking at the knick knacks I have on top of my bookshelf that are from all sorts of different events throughout my life.

"I mean I guess so, but I kinda wish that I had somewhere we could sit besides my bed." I said. After all, my room really just consists of my bed and desk, a couple bookshelves, and a dresser with my tv on it.

"I don't mind that." Honoka said as she plopped onto the bed beside me and leaned against me "You're bed is pretty soft, and it just means I'm sitting beside you"

"That is pretty nice." I said, taking a hold of Honoka's hand

The two of us talked for a while, talking about what we've been up to, and Honoka telling me about what it was like in New York, and the answers Muse ended up coming to. It's been a bit since I've been able to see those expressions of hers, and it's good to be able to see and hold this precious woman.

"So Honoka, as much as I'm enjoying spending time with you right now, how about we figure out a date or something to go on soon to celebrate you coming back?" I suggested

"I actually had something in mind already for our next date. Since they're already blooming, how about we go watch the cherry blossoms?" Honoka said

"That sounds perfect." I said

"Hey Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm so glad I can see you again!" Honoka said, and showing that beautiful smile of hers, she gave me another hug, nearly knocking me onto my side as she did so, and kissed me on the lips. I wrapped my arm around her, and pulled her close, enjoying another wonderful moment alongside her, and grateful that she's home again, so that I can see the light of my life again.