Chapter 3

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

I tugged the sleeve of my mother's blouse. "Yes? What is it, Yuuki-chan?" Okaa-san crouched down beside me. I cupped a hand and whispered that only she can hear.

"Okaa-san, what's he doing here?"

Unlike any other 4 years old, I can speak properly without stuttering or whatsoever.

"Shintaro-kun is already 3 years old. He's already old enough to play with the other kids that are close to his age. Besides, it's a good opportunity for you both to get along since you two haven't seen each other for a long time, no? Even though you don't remember because you were a baby that time, it's been a year," said okaa-san.

'Waaaahh!! Okaa-san! Why must you say it out loud? You should've whispered it, that's why I was whispering!'

Shizuka-san patted Shintaro's head. "Play nice, all right? Have fun and don't cause Hajime-san some troubles-nanodayo."

With a cute "Hai", Shintaro nodded his head.

'K-Kawaii!'

"Hajime-san, we'll be going now for work-nodayo."

"Please take care of our child."

"Understood," our caretaker said happily. With a last goodbye the two mothers left us. The other five kids in the daycare room continued to play as silence fall between Shintaro and I.

"Take that! Hehe!"

"Hajime-shan!"

"Kakeru-kun, don't hit Miyuki-chan with that toy...! That's dangerous!" Hajime-san went to Miyuki-chan's aid.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale...

Hesitantly, after turning my back at Shintaro to calm myself, I slowly looked at him. He bowed politely.

'Why does he have a look of "please take good care of me"? For now, I'm not the one who'll do that since that's the duty of the caretaker... I wonder if this happened in my previews life, too, when I was a kid. I can't remember. Why can't I remember mostly of my childhood memories!? Huhu!'

There was an awkward silence between us. 'Now what should I do?'

Staaaaaare...

Staaaaaaaaaaaare.

"W-Why don't you play with Miyuki-chan?" I broke the silence. Shintaro shook his head. "No."