Chapter 14

(Enjoy~!!
(❁´◡'❁)
—Authorcchi)

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

[A year later.]

[Spring.]

"This year, I want to join a club," I decided while staring at the sky before I shove a spoonful of food into my mouth.

[Hoshino Yuuki- 5th Grader]

Currently, I am eating at the lunch-bench with Shintaro [4th Grader] and Miyu-chan [5th Grader], while Yuya-kun [5th Grader] is eating in his classroom with his new male friends. He and I aren't classmates this year.

"Have you already joined a club, Shintaro?" I asked after swallowing my food from my mouth.

"Yes," Shintaro answered, "the basketball club-nanodayo."

Eyes widened in total shock, I stood up and slammed my hands on the table which made the two to jolt in surprise by my action. Miyu-chan almost chocked from her food.

"Huh!? You've already joined the basketball club!!?? Since when!?"

Nodding, Shintaro pushed up his glasses with a sweatdrop, wondering what just got into me. "Yes, actually, just last week-nodayo."

I leaned slightly into him who was sitting across me as I creased my brows. "Why didn't you tell me sooner? I am planning to join that club too!" I sat down, crossing my arm and pouting at him, "and I was going to invite you, too, with me."

"I thought that you weren't interested, so I never said a word about it till you asked me-nanodayo. I'm sorry."

"If I'm not interested, I shouldn't have been watching you play in the street basketball," I said, still pouting. "I'm not only just keeping an eye on you, but I am also cheering and supporting you in playing basketball..."

'The truth is... I'm a little bit hurt when Shintaro didn't tell me....'

Not sulking anymore, I said softly, "Next time, don't forget to inform me, okay?"

"Understood."

"Nee, Miyu-chan," I faced the person who was sitting beside me. She hummed as a reply because she was still chewing her foods from her mouth.

She looked like a squirrel who stuffed too much food into her mouth.

"Do you want to join the basketball club with me, as managers?"

She swallowed and smiled at me. "I've been waiting for you to ask me that."

Miyu-chan raised her right thumb finger at me. "Sure! Sounds fun!" She quickly added, "Let's invite Yu-kun, too!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"No."

"Huuuuh!? Why!?" Miyu-chan looked shock. So do I.

"It doesn't mean that I like basketball if both of my parents are fans of that sport," he said, "I don't like playing basketball. I prefer playing RPG than sports."

"Ah!" She slammed her fist on her palm. "No wonder you sucks at P.E class," Miyu-chan bluntly said.

"Miyu-chan!" I lightly scolded her.

With annoyance, Yuya-kun suggested, "If you want someone to join the basketball club, it should be my aniki(older brother). Lately, he's taken a liking on playing basketball thanks to our parent's influences."