Chapter 15

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

Sigh.

"I'm worried," I mumbled to myself, resting my elbows on my desk and cupping my cheeks with my palms.

Again, I heaved a long sigh.

"Catch!!"

Miyu-chan clasped her hands together as if she caught something in the air before shoving it into my mouth. My eyes widened in surprise, "Nani!?"

Miyu-chan wiped her imaginary sweat on her forehead. "Phew!"

[Fuyuka Miyuki- 6th Grader]

"I managed to stop your 13th sigh this morning!" she said in relief as she took a seat at my table across me. "You know, if you keep sighing, it'll take all of your happiness away."

"What's bothering you to make you sigh like that?" Yuya-kun joined in who was sitting in front of me.

[Miyaji Yuya- 6th Grader]

"It's about Shintaro—", I got interrupted.

""—Midorima/-kun!?""

I continued to make it clear, "Shintaro's lucky item. Geez...."

""Oh.""

"What about it?" Yuya-kun asked, arching a brow. Gloomily, I began to explain, "It's something that he shouldn't supposed to bring in school. That's why, he's not bringing that lucky item with him today."

"Something that a student is forbidden to bring in school?" Miyu-chan asked. I nodded. She touched her chin, thinking. Few seconds later, she snapped her fingers as if she had a brilliant idea. "Aha! It's a porn magazine, isn't it!?" she half-whispered and half-yelled.

I gave her a blank look, "No. Why would you think of that?"

"Students aren't allowed to bring that here. Also, he's a male. And males want to see stuffs like that," Miyu-chan said casually.

"Excuse me, but not all males are like that!" Yuya-kun defended.

"It's true!" I agreed with him.

"Really?" Miyu-chan said in disbelief. "How can you be so sure about that?"

"I searched around in Shintaro's room once and found no such thing like that in his room," I sheepishly smiled. "Shintaro is an innocent angel." I nodded, agreeing with myself, "Yes, Shintaro is an innocent angel."

They sweatdropped, ""You sneaked into his room!!??""

I brought a finger on my lips, hushing them, flustered, "Don't tell it to him. So ...hush."

"Don't do that ever again. You might get caught by him," said Miyu-chan.

"I can't believe you," commented Yuya-kun.

"What about your brother?" Miyu-chan questioned him.

"Aniki is not interested on those. Family, idols, basketball, and his studies are all he cares about," Yuya-kun said proudly. "Isn't my aniki the best?"

Nodding, I agreed once more, "Yes, because onii-chan is a good boy."

"And what about you?" Miyu-chan pointed at him, squinting her eyes in suspicious.

"Of course, not! I'm not a pervert!"

Going back to the original topic, he asked me. "What exactly is Midorima's lucky item anyway?"

"A kitchen knife," I revealed.

""Ah.""

'Eh? Were they expecting something else?'

"It's obvious that he cannot bring that here," Yuya-kun said. "It's a dangerous thing after all," added Miyu-chan.

"That's why I wrapped it with a lot of clothes," I told them and slumped in my seat, "however, Shizuka-san immediately found it out and gave me a lecture." I clenched my head, "A—h!! I'm so worried about Shintaro! A lot of things happened to him while he was heading to this school... he barely survived! What if he tripped again? Or got scolded by his teacher even though it's not his fault!? What if he fell down the stairs?!"

"Calm down," Yuya-kun lightly karate chopped my head.

"How can I calm down? Without his lucky item, Shintaro will be—"

""—Unfortunate. We know,"" they deadpanned.

"You're worrying about him too much, Yuu-chan. Don't worry. The Goddess of Fortune is looking after him since he's a good boy and a follower of Oha-Asa," Miyu-chan patted my head.

Yuya-kun rolled his eyes, "That fantasy of yours again...."

Irritated, Miyu-chan threw a notebook at him and it hit his head which made him to groan in pain. "That hurts, you idiot!" He complained, but was completely ignored by Miyu-chan.

"You're always worrying about Midorima-kun. Since tomorrow's Friday is a holiday, why don't you come with us on our family bonding in Kyoto for 3 days? You know, to relax your mind for awhile?" Miyu-chan said, ignoring Yuya-kun's complains and threatening about Miyu-chan in the background.

"I don't know," I answered honestly. "I like the idea of joining you with your family," I said with a half-smile, "but I'm afraid that I'll be a hindrance...."

"A hindrance?" Miyu-chan gasped. "Of course not! Okaa-san and Otou-san would like to have you with us on our family trip."

She smiled kindly to me before asking Yuya-kun whom she caught sticking out his tongue at her direction as she raised a fist, "What about you, Yu-kun? Do you want to come with us? It's like a bonding of bestfriends, you know. It'll be a lot of fun!"

"I wish I can go with you two," he stated with a sad expression, "but tomorrow, me and my family will have a family bonding, too. That's why I... I can't."

Miyu-chan awed in disappointment. "I was going to do a lot of pranks on you while we're on a trip, so Yuu-chan and I won't be bored."

"What am I? Your entertainment?" Yuya-kun said with an irk mark.

"Yep!" she chirped.

I smiled at him, "We'll bring some souvenirs for you and your brother."

He brightened up, "Really!? Thank you, Yuuki-chan!!"

"But use your own money, Yu-kun," said Miyu-chan, joking.

"E—h!? No way! I thought you guys are going to treat me!!!"

"Miyaji-kun, be quiet! You're so loud!" one of our classmates scolded him.

(I just adore the Miyaji siblings.
(♥ω♥*)
Their short-tempered personality makes them cute/cool to me. Kasamatsu, too!
(人´∀'*)Senpai, notice me!!
—Author-chan)