027. ❛ nervous ❜

C A M I L O

"Oh my god... I'm actually doing this" I whisper, sitting down on a bench in the Casita. I hold and examine the beautiful diamond ring in my hand. It was dad's mother's ring. His mom died a few years after he married mami.

"No- I shouldn't do this tonight this is Andrés's night!"

"Tio Milo!" I quickly stuffed the ring in my pocket, and the wild curly haired boy ran up to me.

"Hey bud!" Andrés tried getting on the bench beside me but failed miserably. I laughed, picking him and setting him on my thigh.

"Are you excited for your birthday?" He nodded excitedly, his brown eyes brightened happily.

Dolores and Mariano had him a year after their wedding. And he started walking and talking pretty quickly. I was so happy to become a Tio, and it's funny because Andrés calls Rosa, Tia. It was the cutest sight the first time he said it, if I remember correctly Rosa did almost cry.

I've honestly always wanted kids. The thought of becoming a father was always a big thing when I turned around 17 years old. Watching Gael and Isabella become serious is another step why I want to become more serious.

And when Dolores gave birth to Andrés... Then Gael and Isabella got engaged a couple days before he was born.

I've brought it up to Rosa before, and she didn't really say anything but smile at me. She'd always tell me how much she loves me and then kisses me.

It somewhat made me upset at the fact she always disguarded the conversation. We were only 19 years old. I just couldn't imagine anyone else other than her to spend the rest of my life with.

I want to have a family with her.

I want to grow old with her.

"Andrés... Annoying Tio already?" I laughed, as Andrés giggled seeing his mother and my older sister.

"Hola hermana" She smiles warmly at me, and picks up the little boy.

"Hey... So I heard you talking to yourself again... You gonna do it tonight?" I sighed, before starting to tug on my long curls. A habit I grew, from my one and only amor.

"I don't know if I can do it tonight-"

"Here. Do it tomorrow-"

"No I can't do it tomorrow-"

"Why not?"

"How about the day after Isabella and Gael's anniversary!" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.