happy birthday?

Hello, this is a part of a double update. Be sure to check that you're reading the right chapter. I wanted to say a quick thank you for so much support for my story and for just being here along the ride. I love you very much. I will be going back to edit something with this chapter, so don't mind me. Now, I hope you enjoy this chapter. See you at the

Oh, since the day I saw you
I have been waiting for you
You know I will adore you 'til eternity

...

I felt sick.

Long car rides were never that enjoyable for me. The motion of the car, and just being trapped in one space for so long were not fun to me. Harry noticed a little into our journey to California that I wasn't doing well. About an hour in, my body was consistently twisting and turning trying to find a comfortable spot. With each huff and quick movement, Harry would look over to me out of the corner of his eyes to check on me.

"I'm sorry I keep moving, I just hate long car rides." He gave me a sympathetic look which I mirrored. I didn't want to ruin the trip when it had barely just begun so, after apologizing I tried to just close my eyes and go to sleep. The problem was that sleeping was just a bit more difficult; when I felt the sickness at the bottom of my stomach practically waiting for the perfect moment to come up. Harry tried his best to calm me, he was constantly checking in on me and caressing my thigh to show that he was there. It was so selfish of me but at the moment I just wanted his full attention. I hated how much I craved it, he paid attention to every detail without me having to even give him a clue.

"We're almost there I promise, you'll feel better soon." Harry had squeezed my thigh in support. For the rest of the drive, I just let my ears fill with Harry's voice harmonizing with the songs he was playing. I had no clue exactly where Harry was taking me all that I knew is that he said we would get the peace we deserve. All he did give me is that it was in California.

Everything that had transpired made me hopeful for this small vacation. A weekend alone with Harry was something that I desperately needed. He didn't deserve my anger at that moment. I had let things that were boiling in my life spill onto him and that was unfair. The fact that he was still so understanding with me not even knowing the whole story showed me the kind of person he was. I wanted to be honest with him though, I'm going to tell him everything.

For now, though, I just wanted to be free. Where ever we were going I wanted to be wrapped in him all the way. Basking in all the little moments together, enjoying each other, and learning more about each other. There were so many things I just wanted to learn about him, so many things that I didn't know about him. I wanted to open him up and study him. There would be time for all of that over or time out here. I just wanted to be able to block out the rest of the world and only feel as if it was just us. Being able to let go of anything that is bothering us. When I'm with him my problems didn't exist. I could just be me.

Pushing down the sickness, I just decided to sleep off the ride so I wouldn't be a disturbance. I went to sleep with my thoughts

...

"Wake up, sleepyhead. We're here." Harry's voice was floating through my head even though I wasn't fully awake. Rubbing my eyes tiredly, I groaned and outstretched my body finally opening my eyes to find Harry kneeling at my side of the car with the door open.

"Hi, pretty. I took everything in the house and let you sleep. How are you feeling? Need me to carry you in?" He asked with a small pout on his lips rubbing my exposed knee gently. Blinking my eyes one more time I go to answer him. "I'm feeling better, thank you. I trust myself to walk."