hypothetical child...

My heart is yours
It's you that I hold on to
Yeah, that's what I do

...

HARRY'S POV

"Please stop looking at me, I feel like I can hear your thoughts."

Maia's leg was moving rapidly as she was driving. Was I looking at her? Yes. Did I also have many thoughts? Yes. Words were limited to me right now. When I said it, sure I just threw it out there not considering that it was a possibility. Then when I saw how Maia's face had dropped, everything became more serious.

Before we had left the house, Maia paced back and forth trying to calculate when her last menstrual cycle was. When she couldn't recall she grabbed the keys herself and sprinted out of the doors ordering me to come. We had seen there was a 24-hour convenience store not too far from the house.

"Harry you haven't said anything."

"I don't know what to say, there are like twelve thoughts going through my head." Maia kept her eyes on the road and I turned to look at her face. If I could reach the other side of her leg without distracting her to calm her, I would.

"Say the first thing on your mind then," She turned to look at me quickly as I pursed my lips in thought.

"You want the first thing on my mind?"

"Didn't I just say that?"

"You did, but I don't know if it's the appropriate time for my thoughts. Let's start with your thoughts. Your leg hasn't stopped shaking." I watched her intently and it seemed like she didn't necessarily know where to start either.

"Honestly, I'm hoping that I'm just having an irregular period again. Everything else I'm kind of suppressing right now. Or at least attempting to. Now you go."

"I'm thinking about how if you are pregnant this was the weirdest form of manifestation. What I say when we are having sex is just supposed to be in that moment. It's not supposed to come to life." I let out a laugh but I truly was trying to distract the both of us. I wasn't genuinely finding this situation funny.

"Why are you laughing? This is not a funny situation Harry." Maia pulled into the parking lot of the store shaking her head slightly.

"I agree it's not."

"How can you even find humor right now, there might be a...a-"

"A hypothetical child in you? Yes, but it is hypothetical and I'm positive that you're not." Even though Maia wasn't directly looking at me so could still tell that she rolled her eyes at my comment. Parking the car she got out without another word. She made her way to the store without me. I trailed behind her pulling my coat a bit tighter against the harsh air. Picking up my step, I caught up with her right before she was about to enter.

"Maia, talk to me."

"I just wish you would act like you cared," with that said she opened the door and I followed her. I wouldn't deny that I wasn't taking this as seriously as I should but I wasn't completely disregarding it as a possibility. Of course, I cared if she was pregnant. My mind just couldn't wrap up that this was a serious possibility. This was just a huge situation and I would take it more seriously if I had an answer. The accusation of me not caring though is fucking ridiculous. Both of us can't be freaking out at the same time because that would only magnify the situation.