4 - The Feather

Tsu and Tokoyami crouched down in the grass, staring at the glinting gold. Little did they know, it was the same kind of gold as the one the professor had. It was a feather. Tsu picked it up.
    "It's a feather," she said, running her finger along the golden edge.
    "And not just any feather either," said Tokoyami, "have you ever seen a Pokémon with feathers like this?"
    Tsu shrugged.
    "I don't think so. We should take it to the lab. They might know, ribbit."
    "Good idea," said Tokoyami, "but..."
    "But what?" asked Tsu.
    "What if they take it? What if it's a new Pokémon they don't want us to know about?" he said.
    "Fumikage's right!" Dark Shadow chimed in, "They could take it without telling you anything! It could be one of those secrets that the leaders keep forever! Or even worse, they could make a quest to find it, but give it to someone else!"
    Tsu and Tokoyami exchanged a look.
    "He has a point," said Tsu, "As much as I hate keeping secrets, especially from the ones who trust us and who we're supposed to trust, maybe we should wait, and do some more research. See what we can figure out on our own. We can always take it to the lab or the professor if need be."
    Tokoyami nodded.
    "Yes, and with the upcoming community day, everyone will be out in the field, so we'll blend right in while being in the middle of everything as we investigate," he said.
    "Yes! Ribbit!" said Tsu, feeling excited.
    "High five!" yelled Dark Shadow.
    Tsu slapped his shadowy hand.
    "Let's go inside and find a good container to keep the feather safe," she suggested.
    "Good idea, let's go," said Tokoyami.
    The two trainers walked back through the gardens and up into the levels of Mystic tower.

Sorry for the short chapter! They'll get a bit longer eventually. Thanks for reading. <3