Twists of Faith in One Knock (A One Direction Romance)

A/N : Welcome to my story Twists Of Faith in One Knock , hope you like it. Vote and Comment loves :)

Waking up early in the morning to the unrelenting door bell, Asher dragged herself out of her room, to the door. As she looked out the peephole, she instantly sobered at the sight of Zayn Malik. Damn, was he looking fine today. She can already sense her advancing relationship with Zayn. Suddenly eager to hold him close, she opened the door.

Controlling herself to not look too eager, Asher crossed her arms and leaned against her door frame.

"Hey Mr Impossible" she smirked slyly.

Zayn Malik took off his headphones, nervous as hell and took her into his arms, passionately kissing his hopefully, cross-his-fingers, bride-to-be.

"I missed you too!" he replied, smirking smugly.

Zayn knew what he had done, and regretted every second of it.

What she doesn't know can't kill her, he thought.

"Darling it's time to meet my friends" Zayn spoke, ending their intense staring.

"Where at?" Asher raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

"Niall's favourite place!" Zayn said excitedly.

Asher remembered Niall Horan and his seemingly perfect Irish accent, and that she had agreed to go to Nando's, on a crowded Friday night she might add.

"What time should I be ready?" Asher asked.

"I'll meet you at 8 sharp, please don't be late."

       ~~~

Dressed in a simple plum Jack Wills shirt, matching sweater, jeans, and Toms, Asher wondered if she was dressed to perfection. Having her wild red hair in a loose high bun, Asher smacked on a coat of Ruby Woo lipstick on her pink lips. Almost late, she grabbed her tote and ran to meet Zayn.

Pacing back and forth, Zayn was impatiently peering down at his watch. Asher apologetically pecked her boyfriend on his lips.

As they walked into Nando's, Asher felt as if time had stopped. Slowly gasping for a breath of air, she eyed the most beautiful human being she ever saw, eyeing her, from head to toe. Approaching each other, she realized that he was one of Zayn's best mates.

"Hello, I'm Harry, Harry Styles" he said, shaking her hand.

Asher felt as if a bolt of electricity had raced up her hand!

"Nice to meet you, I'm Asher Edwards", she replied deliriously.

~~

Harry couldn't believe his eyes!

How can someone so perfect and down to earth be in a relationship with Zayn for two whole years?

He was totally impressed with her sense of style, since they were technically wearing the same Jack Wills sweater.

"How old are you?" he asked, hoping to not seem nosy.

"I'm twenty", Asher answered nervously.

At that moment, he couldn't pay any attention to their conversation. All he knew was that he loves how her mouth twitches at its side as she gets nervous and all he could think of was passionately kissing that cute little mouth.

"I can't let my imagination get the best of me, she's Asher Edwards, my best mate's girlfriend", he mumbled so quietly so no one could hear.

~~

Hope you guys enjoy reading !!

The next part of the story is coming soon :)

~~

2 DAYS LATER......

ASHER'S POV

I can't stop thinking about Harry. I can still feel the electricity from that single hand shake! Not forgetting our apparent sizzling chemistry. I just have never felt that way before, not about anyone, even Zayn..

"I can't do this!" I screamed in anger and frustration.

I've been isolating myself in my apartment for two days! My heart feels as if it's about to explode!

I might as well have the word 'CHEATER' printed in bold across my forehead. Zayn hasn't even called me since that day.

"I'm so confused!" she grumbled into the air.

I decided to grab my things and try to find Zayn when I was startled by a loud knock at my door.

"Is that you Zayn?" I shouted.

Opening the door, I heard a husky yet familiar voice.

"Hey Asher" the voice said.

Looking up from my feet, I noticed the mop of curly brown hair.

"Hey Harry, Zayn's not here", I said extremely confused.

"Um I'm not here to see Zayn, I came so we could we talk" Harry said.

I invited him into my large apartment which was decorated with beautiful red drapes everywhere.

HARRY'S POV

She looked just as stunning as she had the night before.

How can I feel this way?

Isn't this wrong?

All these questions raced through my mind as I looked at her. Without thinking I brushed my lips against hers. In a blink of an eye, I saw my best mate standing at the door, eyes filled with pain and anger.

"How can you do this to me? You're like a brother to me!" Zayn shouted angrily.

I stood there stunned out of my brain! Getting caught like that was ridiculous! Furthermore, how can I, Harry Styles, betray my friend at the drop of a hat! So thoughtlessly at that!

Before I could take in the Zayn's words, he was already gone, leaving a bouquet of flowers on the mahogany floor. As Asher wept, I noticed the damage I had caused by selfishly taking what wasn't my right to have. A chaste and innocent, yet thoughtless brushing of the lips.

ASHER'S POV

I sank down with my back against the wall, regretting the fact that I let him in.

"I think you should go now" I said calmly.

After Harry left, I stayed in the same position all day before standing up to mope around for three whole days. Looking at pictures of Zayn and I just made me burst into tears the whole damn time and I can't help it!

"Being like this won't get me anywhere" I said to myself as I finally got the strength to face reality.

I got up and stared at the mirror, looking at the hollow shell that I've become when an idea flashed in my head.

"Should I call Zayn?"

Questioning myself about what I could do, another twist of faith came knocking at my door.

"Who could it be now" I grumbled wearily.