Regret

As Zayn stormed out, Asher was left broken-hearted and in tears. She had thought that their relationship was sacred, beautiful, and long lasting. Asher didn't even want to eat the horrible hospital food. It looked like bear vomit.

       "Hey Ash" Harry said, smiling.

"A nickname already" Asher thought.

        "Hey Harry" she greeted, wiping the tears away.

Her face was pale. She was badly hurt after Zayn’s episode. She didn’t want to show Harry her pain though. Yet without her saying anything, he already knew.

        "Zayn left some damage didn't he?” Harry questioned her.

Asher broke into tears again. How could she not. Seeing Harry made her want to seek comfort in all that is him.

         "He really did" Asher said angrily.

Having Harry hold her close made her feel complete. She used his favorite Jack Wills tee as her own box of Kleenex.

          "Calm down" Harry said soothingly.

  Harry was able to soothe her emotions, something Zayn had never been able to do.

             "Zayn always leaves me in such a mess" Asher said, catching her breath.

That was something Zayn does perfectly. He leaves her empty, dragging out every last bit of hope.

            "I think it's over" Asher mumbled quietly, doubting her feelings.

Even though Asher thought this, Harry couldn’t do this for her, for them. For his mate.

           "Don't say that" Harry said quickly.

            "Zayn loves you and he'll find a way to make it right" Harry added with confidence.

   Harry was so caring to her.

             "You make me feel as if I'm on top of the world" Asher said lovingly.

Harry needed a few minutes to digest what Asher told him. All he could do was smile; he had no words to say.

There were so many questions just racing through Asher’s mind. She needed time and space to think of what’s happening.

          "Harry I think I should be getting some rest" Asher said.

           "Okay. Have a good sleep" Harry said smiling.

~~

Asher dreamed the impossible that night. It was as if reality was just a dream. Zayn and her, they were the perfect couple, no worries at all. But what scared her was that it felt like whenever she wanted to touch him, whenever they would come close, whenever he was about to become fully hers, he would just vanish into thin air.

         "Zayn wait!" she yelled.

Fate left her the perfect present. Asher woke up to find  Zayn, crying by her bedside. She held him to her chest.

         "What's the matter?" Asher asked.

She never saw Zayn cry before. This was something serious.

        "I messed everything up" Zayn replied.

Asher felt her heart ache. The man that she loves was sitting in front of her declaring his feelings.