chapter 5

About two more weeks had gone by, Thor went to the Avengers compound. Icelynn tagged along.

As father and daughter walked in and after greetings, they contuined their work on how to find Thanos. No one had leads.

Steve, Rhodey, Bruce, Rocket, and Natasha were at the compound. They all have been running things, and as much as Thor wanted to help out more...

He had to take care of his people, and most importantly, his daughter. Icelynn is always the primary worry to him.

The seven of them were waiting around for anything to show up on radar or scans. It all seemed useless as nothing was happening.

When all of a sudden the group heard a loud noise from outside. Everyone except Thor decided to check it out, though Icelynn was curious to know.

"How are you feeling, Snowflake?" Thor turned his head to Icelynn. "With everything.."

"Can we drop the lies, please?" Icelynn spoke up. "I know you burden all the blame on your shoulders.. it's not in secret, father."

"I worry about you.. are you okay?"

Before she could answer, they whip their heads as they see everyone back inside. With an addition of three more people.

"Yes, I'm fine." Icelynn mumbled to Thor as they see the group hook up a man to an IV.

The group sat around, seeing screens of those who got dusted on a holograph. "It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey said.

Natasha informed more info; "World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures."

"Where is he now? Where?" The man in the wheelchair asked.

Steve shrugged, "we don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through."

The man, also known as Tony Stark, looked over to Thor. Who was on a bench, sulking as he had an arm around a young woman.

With that, noticing Icelynn who was leaning her head on his chest, Tony pointed to the pair over on the side. "What's wrong with him? And who might be the girl be?"

"That's Icelynn," Steve introduced. "His kid."

"Wha- Thor's-?" Tony looked to Steve, "he has a kid and didn't bother to tell us?" He then glanced back to the Asgardians. "Doesn't that mean your a god too? With powers? What are they, more lightning? Rain? The weather?"

Icelynn looked over to him for the first time with a side eye, "Goddess of Winter."

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now." Steve diverted the conversation, "deep Space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him."

"Who told you that? I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the store. That's what happened. There was no fight. He's unbeatable."

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?"

"Pfft! I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming."

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus."

"And I needed you. As in past tense."

≈≈≈≈≈

"...I can tell you where Thanos is." Nebula said to the team before Carol Danvers had the chance to leave to find Thanos herself.

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask 'where would we go once his plan was complete?'. His answer was always the same: 'To the Garden'." Nebula contuined.

Rhodey replied with sarcastic commnet with an expression,"That's cute, Thanos has a retirement plan."

"So where is he?" Steve asked.

As Rocket explained the location, Icelynn looked over to her father. Thor was sat back in a chair, eating in silence. Still listening.

She stood from the bench, tapping her father's shoulder as she approached. He muttered a response as he glanced back to her.

"I want to apologize for being disrepectful. You have been through a lot over a span of a month.. and me yelling isn't helping."

"Oh, Snowflake.." Thor ran his fingers through her hair. "You don't have to worry about me. It's my job to worry about you.. okay? I'm alright.."

Icelynn raised her eyebrow, clearly noticing the lie. "Are you lying to me?"

Thor shook his head, "no, darling." He cupped her cheek. "I promise you.. I'm doing great."

"No.. you're not." Icelynn stated calmly. "You act like your planet didn't get destroyed and that your brother didn't get murdered."

"I have recovered from what happened. It's all in the past now.. it's not like your uncle is disguised as someone or something." Thor had a clear, fake laugh, a tear falling.

Icelynn took his hand into hers, taking her free hand to wipe his tear. "It's okay to cry, father."

Thor smiled and kissed her hand before retreating it back. Icelynn rubbed his back and kissed his cheek before pulling up a seat.

"...And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey asked Carol.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys."

Thor stood up and walked to Carol, who turned around to face him. He gestured a hand out for his axe, Stormbreaker, to come to his hand.

It missed her by inches, and yet, Carol didn't even flinch. Smiling at Thor instead. Thor nodded his head, "I like this one. Snowflake?"

Heads turn to Icelynn as she nodded, "what my father said." She said as she stuffed food in her mouth.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch."