chapter 6

After discuss a plan when meeting Thanos, the group went off to suit up. Thor, being a God with much power, could change in seconds.

Icelynn didn't have that power, but luckily she packed a bag in case she stayed at the Compound for more than a few days.

As people were getting ready, Rocket and Nebula were off to start up the spaceship.

Icelynn went to change into her armor, seeing everyone waiting for others. Thor glanced at her, unsure how to say it..

"Snowflake, I want you to stay here. It's safer and I don't want you hurt or possibly killed."

"You let me fight in battles before."

"This isn't a battle. And importantly, I know the power of different realms. But now? Thanos? He is too powerful for you. Me, even, which is why I want you here. Out of harms way."

"If you ask me, this is completely unfair."

Thor sighed, trying not to fight with her. He needed good reasons.. which, to be fair, he already pointed out. Safety.

"I'm sorry, Snowflake.. but this is the only way I know you'll be completely safe. Why don't you head back... home. Okay?"

Home. Didn't sound right anymore. Even Bruce had to look away, knowing that it was destroyed. Icelynn closed her eyes for a second, trying not to cry.

Looking back to Thor, she cleared her throat and asked: "When will you back?"

Thor shrugged, "a few days, at most. I promise it won't be long, alright?"

Icelynn approached her father, suddenly wrapping her arms around him in a hug. Thor held her tight.

"Return back immediately.. I need you." She looked up to him.

He nodded, kissing her forehead. "Of course."

≈≈≈≈≈

Landing the spaceship on the planet, the group went over the plan once more before going through with the plan.

Carol was the first to suprirse him, flying him and having him in a choke hold. Then Bruce comes in from the floor wearing the Hulkbuster.

Next was Thor, flying in and chopping off his arm off that had the guantlet on with his axe.

Rhodey and Rocket enter together, having guns pointed at Thanos' head. And finally, Cap and Natasha walk in through the front door.

Rocket retreats his gun and walks over to the sliced off arm, turning over the guantlet. There were no stones. "Oh no.."

"Where are they?" Steve asked.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce raised his voice.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... inevitable."

Rhodey had a worried look, "we have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying."

Nebula, who came in outta nowhere, suddenly spoke up from where she stood. "My father is many things. A liar is not one of them."

Thanos looked over to her and, "ah, thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly." He then turned his head to Thor, "and where might yours be? I liked her confidence.."

All eyes were now on Thor. He didn't break after hearing a name, he stayed calm and unfazed. Keeping his stance.

"She is where you will never hurt her again."

"Hmm. I would take that chance.."

Thor closed his eyes and exhaled, but when once his eyes reopened... no hesitation as he swings his axe into Thanos' head.

He wiped it clean off. Thanos is now dead.

The team looks at him in surprise while Thor looked like he had tears forming. A straight face with what he realize he had done.

It was all because of his rage. Thor was so pent up with rage.. the universe, talking about his daughter.

Going through hard time, bult by rage and depression, Thor needed this. He needed something to give him less worry.

And by that... killing Thanos.

"What... what did you do?" Rocket asked.

"I protected my daughter. Snøfnugget mitt." Thor stated, the second part in Asgardian.

Without looking anyone in the eyes, Thor turned and walked outside the cabin. The team watched as he left.

That was it.. nothing else can be done. No answers, no way to figure how to get their people back.

It's either they give up on saving them, or they die trying. Half the population into the hands of superheros.

≈≈≈≈≈

Icelynn was patient as she watches the spaceship land on the ground. Seeing the hatch open and the heros walk out.

Thor's mind shifted as he sees her. His one and only child. He rushed over to her, hugging her tightly as he could without hurting her.

His head on her shoulder, not caring about what his emotions were. Icelynn wrapped her arms around him, glad to see him back.

They stayed in the moment for a good few seconds before Thor started to sniffle. Icelynn leaned back to look at him.

Red face, puffy eyes, tears rolling down his cheeks. He looked like he was about to breakdown.

"Are you okay, father? What happened?"

"I did what had to be done. To protect you.. my little snowflake."

"You killed him." Icelynn caught on instantly.

Thor nodded with an exhale. All she cared for his her father.. and she knew he wasn't okay.

Icelynn took his hand and looked him in his different colored eyes, "whatever happens now.. I promise to be there for you."

Thor smiled, caressing her cheek. "Oh, Snowflake.. I appreciate your care, but I'm okay. Alright? I'm fine."

Both Asgardians turn to Cap as he makes his way over to them. Thor wiped his tears, taking a breath.

"Will you two be staying for a little bit, or are you going to head back to whever your new location is?" Cap asked.

"We'll be going to our new home. And if anyone decides to come visit, we're in Norway."