chapter 8

Bruce, Rocket, Icelynn, along with Thor, all entered the compound. Icelynn was amazed to see what she saw. The amount of tech..

After the greetings from the others, Icelynn sees two men she didn't recognize. Bruce introduced her to them.

"Icelynn, meet Clint and Scott. Guys, meet Icelynn. She's from Asgard."

"Nice to meet you. You have a wicked cool name." Scott smiled, shaking her hand.

Icelynn smiled, already knowing the two of them will be great friends. "Thanks. My grandmother had suggested the name to my father."

"So cool." Scott mumbled. "I, uh, I have a daughter too. Cassie."

"Just by meeting you, I can tell you must be a great father."

Scott nodded, "I try.."

Interrupting the conversation, Clint had spoke up about more serious things. "Do you have powers or just a great fighter?"

Icelynn looked to him and nodded, "both. I am the Goddess of Winter. Skilled warrior."

"A god? So you must be related to Thor in some way.. sister?" Clint shrugged.

"Daughter," Icelynn corrected.

"Oh." Clint said under his breath.

≈≈≈≈≈

Bruce, Scott, Nebula, and Icelynn were in a side room of the compound. Scott wore a suit for the quantum time travel heist.

"Time travel suit, not bad." Rhodey said as he walks in.

Bruce carefully places the Pym Partles into his suit, which Scott cuts him off. "Hey, hey, hey! Easy, easy!"

"I'm being very careful." Bruce responded.

"No, you're being very Hulky."

"I'm being careful!"

Scott held up a red glass bottle. "These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more."

Icelynn approached him and put a hand on his shoulder, "It's okay, Scott. Just calm down."

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do overs. Plus two test runs." Scott then fiddled with his suit to make him grow small and then back to normal size.

Icelynn backed up to give him space. Scott rolled his eyes at himself, "one test run."

"All right. I'm not ready for this." Scott took a deep breath.

"I'm game." Clint said, seeing him lean against the glass. "I'll do it."

Once Scott changed out of the suit, and Clint changing into the suit, Nebula did little fix ups to the suit.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Bruce says.

"Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." Rhodey makes hand gestures that vision strangling.

"First of all. that's horrible.." Bruce look disgusted at the idea.

Icelynn and Scott look to each other with a slight nod. "It's Thanos." Rhodey said in a tone.