chapter 7

FIVE. YEARS. LATER.

Sat on the edge of the rock nearby the big body of water, Icelynn dangled one of her feet over the beautiful clear water.

This year marks five years ever since Thano had invaded Earth and 'killed' half the population.

Nothing has ever changed since. No one has ever tried to bring everybody back. Nothing.

Icelynn turned her head to look back at where she lives. Her... home. With her father wallowing in blame.

Thor. Outside once a month, does nothing but drink beer and play some kind of video game.

She had tried to persuade him into getting into some sort of mental help, or getting him outside at the least.

Which nothing worked. Icelynn asks for a training lesson, and he says no. To her, all he says is 'no.'

Nowadays, she doesn't talk or ask him anything anymore. Icelynn just sits by the water and wishes to go back in time.

She turned her head away from the houses and back out to the waters. Standing up and taking off her shirt, to be in a bra, along with her boots, she looked down to the waters.

Icelynn dove into the water, making a splash around her. Once she pops up, she pushes her hair back and looks around once again.

Nothing in the water. Just her and the clear skies above. Icelynn goes for a swim before she sees Brunnhilde talk to two of their friends.

Rocket and a big, green guy that Icelynn has never seen. But with what she heard, the green guy must be Bruce Banner.

Icelynn climbs back on the rocks to heave herself back on the land. She grabs her shirt and boots, making her way over to the three.

"Hey guys," Icelynn greeted. "What has you come all the way here?"

Rocket, Bruce, and Brunnhilde turn to see her dripping wet. "We need to talk to you and your dad.. but we hear he isn't doing well." Bruce answered.

Icelynn had a change of expression, "I haven't talked to him in three years. It's like he barely notices my presence anymore."

"Oh. I'm so sorry.." Bruce apologizes. "Um, we may have a plan to get everyone back."

"That didn't sound confident." Icelynn said as she rings out her hair.

"Well, we aren't sure ourselves. But we need to try at least, and we need your help."

Icelynn nods, "I'm in. Follow me to our place and you guys can talk to my father while I go change."

The two follow her up to the house, walking inside. Icelynn turns to Thor, "far, vi har selskap." She said in Asgardian.

"Are they here for the cable?" Thor asked.

Icelynn didn't respond, surprised he had spoke back to her. She went upstairs to change.

Dried herself off with a towel and changed clothes while packing extra clothes and her armor in a bag.

Also while hearing the conversation from downstairs. How Thor won't cooperate with his friends and won't help.

Icelynn teared up, remembering that exact day and hating to see Thor in his lowest point. She barely comes inside, due to that fact.

Pulling herself together, Icelynn wiped her tears and threw on a hoodie. Strapped on her boots and tied her hair tight in a low pony.

She grabbed her duffle bag and walked downstairs. The first thing she heard was: "it was you. You helped me." From Bruce.

Icelynn had forgotten about that. Thor had saved his good friend from a different planet and to get his life back.

Thor is a hero. Icelynn always looked up to him like that since a young child. She's treating him like he's nothing. Like this was a punishment.

This was the worst punishment Icelynn had received from him. And she had done nothing to him. Which she was glad he never yelled at her or been abusive.

Thor and Bruce contuine to talk. Thor sat in a chair with yet another beer in hand. "Whatever it is that you're offering, we're not into it, don't care, couldn't care less. Goodbye."

"We need you, pal." Bruce pled.

He shook his head and ignored him. Icelynn set her bag down and came forward, "Jeg trenger deg, far. Jeg trenger at du hjelper meg å få befolkningen tilbake."

Thor lowers his beer and looked up to make contact with his daughter. The same daughter he had ignored for five years too many.

But looking at Icelynn, all he did was remind himself of his brother. The many tricks she and Loki played for a long time, almost all the time.

"Du kan klare det uten meg, dottir. Jeg stoler på at du representerer meg." Thor smiled.

"What did he say?" Bruce asked.

"Said he trusts me to go without him."

"We need him.."

Icelynn nodded, knowing they do. Rocket became annoyed and decided to try to get him moving, "there's beer on the ship."

Thor paused, looking to the raccoon. "What kind?"

Icelynn scoffed at his response. She walked back to pick up her bag, "with my father or not with, I will be waiting on the ship. I'll see you guys there."

Walking out in anger, Icelynn was put in a bad mood. And it's been a good day. It's a beautiful day, she talked to some citizens and helped out with the basic need of hunger.

"Leaving without a goodbye?" Brunnhilde called out.

Icelynn stopped and turned to her. "Sorry. I'm just a little steamed right now." She replied calmly. "I'm not sure how long we'll.. or I'll be gone for. But can you promise me to look over our people while I'm gone?"

"Of course, your highness." Brunnhilde playfully bowed with a smile.

Icelynn chuckled, "stop. I'm no princess anymore. Asgard is no more and there is no throne. We all just... live here now."

"Nonsense. Throne or not, you have royalty in your blood. You.. Thor.. Odin.. Bor.. and many more kings."

"Thank you, but I'll never be a queen. I'm just the daughter of Thor, Goddess of Winter. No princess or queen title."

Brunnhilde placed a hand on her shoulder, "I won't take up too much of your time. Your friends need you. I'll be here, looking over our people and your father, if he decides to stay."

Icelynn nodded. "Thank you. I owe you."

She shook her head, "no you don't." She then patted her shoulder and stepped back.

Icelynn kept her gaze on her a little longer with a bit of surprise. She then kept focus on the path and contuine to walk to the ship.

This is it. The day the universe will get saved. Or the day of another disaster like the last.