chapter 12

BOOM.

Missiles hit. The entire compound destroyed and sent everyone underground. It was all collasping down.

A complete, unexpected surprise.

Icelynn had been knocked unconscious. No one around her to help. Small streams of water flowing in past her, soon gaining bigger.

She laid there for minutes. Not moving. When all of a sudden, as water splashes over her face. Waking up as she coughs out water.

Looking around to find no one near, Icelynn secondly looked out for her surroundings. A lot of debris and tons of water.

Managing to stand up, she covered her upper body as she felt chills. She never gets cold.

"Father?" Icelynn calls out, noticing the water rise up to knee level. "Scott? Anyone?"

She wanders around, able to move to other parts of the fallen compound just barely. A disgust look as she had to jump and crawl from different parts.

Icelynn calls out again for someone. Anyone. But instead of hearing another voice, she sees a light. Now unsure if she had died or not.

Walking towards the light, covering her face from it, a sudden hand touched Icelynn's shoulder.

Instantly aware, she formed an icicle and turned towards him. It was Thor. Icelynn sighed as she saw who it was. "Father.."

"I've been searching everywhere for you.. my little Snowflake." Thor smiled.

Icelynn smiled at him, no longer angry with him. She can't be. Everything that happened from minutes, hours, years ago... all in the past.

The two pulled each other in for a long, tight hug. One that meant forgiveness and apology for the past. For safety.

"Come on, follow me." Thor led her out.

Icelynn was surrounded by an open battle field that used to be the compound. Thanos. Sitting and doing, well... nothing. Possibly waiting.

Neither one knew what for... a fight?

Thor put an arm around his daughter as the two watched the Titan that should be dead.

The two Asgardians watched him from afar for a few minutes, staying silent to not draw attention.

Until they were met by Tony and Cap, seeing the same view they saw. Thanos doing absoultely nothing.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor stated.

"Where are the stones?" Asked Steve.

Tony responded, "somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have them."

"So we keep it that way."

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor asked as he still looked at Thanos.

"Yeah. And I don't much care." Tony stated.

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." Thor turns to Icelynn, "you might want to back off and promise me not to get involved, okay? Stay here."

Icelynn didn't bother to say anything. She stepped a few feet, suddenly hearing lightning over the top their heads. Thor having his arms out to catch Stormbreaker and Mjolnir.

The change of clothes into his armor with his hair tied back and beard braided. His eyes turned blue for a few seconds.

"Let's kill him properly this time."

≈≈≈≈≈

Icelynn had watch from afar, seeing the three getting their asses kicked. And a little surprised when Steve Rogers picked up Mjolnir.

The same Mjolnir that no one is able to wield unless your name is Thor... or Odin. And apparently now Steve. Who knows who might wield the hammer now.

She watched as Thanos had gave a signal to his army. Showing themselves and standing on the battle field, waiting for the command.

Thor and Tony were no where to be found as Steve, with his broken shield, stood up to him a final time. Just him. Alone.

One man verses an entire army.

The whole thing changes as one orange portal opens up. One turns to five... to 10... to possibly hundreds. Thousands.

Icelynn piped up as she remembers the people she met from Wakanda. Brunnhilde and Korg joined the fight too, and Asgardian guards?

She couldn't believe her eyes. And yet, she still expected Loki to show... but she remembered how he wasn't snapped. Murdered.

The sudden rememberance had Icelynn in a pent up rage. No longer cowardless, she rushed to join the big fight.

Screw her father's wish. They're in a war, and they're gonna need the help they can get.

Then, hear comes a loud crashing. Scott, who grew giant sized, had carried Bruce, Rhodey, and Rocket to safety. Icelynn smiled as she saw that Scott survived.

Everyone took their battle stance. Icelynn stood beside her father, who both look at each other and nodded.

"I will always protect you first." Thor stated.

"I'm counting on it," Icelynn smiled. "He killed my uncle and I want to get my revenge."

It was no longer man verse army. Now it's...

The Avengers verse Thanos and his army.

This will reveal who will come out victor.

Steve yelled out, "AVENGERS!" He summons Mjolnir to his hand. "Assemble..."