04

The ceremony had finished. The five girls made there way out of the church along with everyone else who had attended. A police officer, dressed in a suit, made his way towards them, "Emily, Spencer, Hanna, Dylan, Aria."

The five girls looked at the man, all of them apart from Hanna not knowing who he was, "Do we know you?"

"I'm Detective Wilden." He told them, "I understand you were all good friends with the victim."

Spencer nodded, "Yeah we were."

"I'm gonna need to talk to each one of you." Detective Wilden said.

"We talked to the police when Alison went missing." Dylan told him.

Wilden narrowed his eyes at her, "And i intend to go over every one of your statements. This is no longer a missing person investigation. It's a murder. Rest assured, i will find out what happened that summer."

He turned and walked away, leaving the five girls scared. There eyes wandered to Jenna Marshall, who was getting into a car at the front of the church, "Do you think he knows about-"

"No. How could he." Hanna cut her off.

Suddenly Dylan's phone buzzed, followed by the other fours seconds after. They all pulled them out, heir fear increasing each passing second.

"Oh my God." Aria said, eyes wide.

Dylan read over the text, "It's from-"

"I got one too." Emily cut her off.

Spencer began to read it out, "I'm still here, bitches-"

The four others unintentionally, read it out in unison, "And i know everything, A."

They all looked around in horror, trying to see who was on their phone and who could be texting them. Or staring at them. Or doing anything suspicious. They didn't know what was going to happen next. What they did know was someone knew all of there secrets. And they all had more than one, one worse than the last.

———————

Night soon fell after the funeral and the five girls were now sat at The Apple Rose Grille. Dylan had a glass of coke in front of her with her straw between her teeth when Aria spoke to the four girls, "Why was Jenna there?"

Spencer shrugged, stirring her drink with her straw, "I guess she's back."

Hanna frowned, thinking back to what happened outside of the church, "That cop acted like we were suspects or something."

"Do you think we looked guilty?" Emily asked the girls.

Dylan furrowed her brows, not knowing what the girl meant,"Why would we? We haven't done anything wrong."

"Except lie about the Jenna thing." Hanna pointed out.

Dylan shot her a look, "We promised we'd never bring up the Jenna thing again, remember? It never happened."

Aria raised her eyebrows, staring at the girl, "Have you found a way to forget? I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night."

Dylan glared at her, "Aria, it was an accident."

The girl might of seemed insensitive but the guilt was eating her up inside. Hanna pulled out the flask from her bag, pouring the contents into her drink. An older man stared at her as she did so. Hanna glanced up, seeing him staring.