12

The four girls walked into Aria's room to see her lying in her bed facing away from them, headphones in her ears blasting music. Dylan walked over and pulled the headphones out of her ears making Aria turn around and protest, "What are you doing?"

"An intervention." Spencer crossed her arms. The four girls had decided to cheer Aria up the best they could while her parents were working there stuff out. They noticed how much of a toll it had taken on their friend and wanted to be there for her the best they could.

"We bought take out and rag mags." Emily threw the magazines on Arias bed.

"But you cannot have any of those until you get out of these sweats." Hanna said taking a seat on Aria's bed, pointing at the sweats the girl was wearing.

"What's wrong with these?" Aria questioned sitting up against her bed head.

"Nothing.." Hanna trailed off with an innocent smile glancing over over at her best friend.

"Everything. There starting to graft to your skin." Dylan scoffed getting a nod of agreement from Hanna.

"Well, there comfy." Aria defended.

"So are mum jeans and flip flops." Aria chuckled lightly making Hanna smile, glad she could put a smile on the girls face.

"Plus, how are we gonna help you choose a homecoming dress if you don't try some on for us?" Emily asked.

"It's simple, "Aria shrugged looking between her friends, "I'm not going."

Dylan's eyes widened, "I just nearly had a heart attack."

Spencer rolled her eyes at the girls dramatics before looking back at Aria, "What do you mean you're not going?"

"You can't just not go." Hanna shook her head.

"What are you doing instead?" Emily questioned.

"I don't know," Aria shrugged looking down at the magazines Emily had bought, "I guess i'll just read these and them inhale a gallon of chunky monkey."

Dylan sighed looking down at brunette sat in her bed, "Cutting yourself off from the world isn't going to make you feel any better. It will just make you even more miserable."

"They still might work it out." Spencer added making Aria sigh and shake her head.

"They're barely speaking to each other." Aria pulled her legs up, hugging them to her chest.

"People get angry. They blow up," Emily tried to give the girl some hope, "Doesn't mean it's over."

"Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing their anniversary. He slept with one of his students," Hanna stated bluntly turning around to look at Emily. Dylan nudged the blonde making her look back at Aria apologetically, "Sorry."

"I'm just saying things can look over on Friday, and by Monday all is forgiven," Emily gave Aria an optimistic smile, "Some things just take time."

"Yeah, maybe."

"Okay, so your coming!" Excitement took over Spencer's features, "Come on!"

Spencer dragged Aria out of her bed making her groan, "God, i'll think about it."

"If you're not coming, can you at least cast an absentee ballot?" Hanna questioned sitting on Arias bed. All four girls have her a look, "What? I need her vote."

"Hanna, stop already," Spencer chuckled trying to reassure the blonde as she took out the Chinese food so they could eat, "You've got homecoming queen locked down."

Hanna face brightened, "Really? You can rig the election?"

"Sorry, i have enough to do already, thanks," Spencer sat legs crossed on the chair in Aria's room, "I'm head of the committee, half of which is out sick with the flu, so i'll be restocking the ice and refilling the hummus bowel all by myself."