21

Dylan followed Spencer into the Hastings kitchen with the others, each of them bringing in boxes full of camping gear from the garage. The girls all paused once they realised they had walked into Spencer's older sister, Melissa, having an argument with an old lover.

"You broke up with me, remember?" Melissa argued, stunning the girls as they watched.

"I just want to take you out for coffee." Ian said to Melissa. Dylan froze when she heard his voice before shaking out of it a second later.

Melissa seemed disinterested in what the man had to say, her arms crossed as she scoffed. She turned, her eyes falling on the five girls in the kitchen and the boxes, "You guys are going camping? Cute."

Spencer called out to her sister before she could head up the stairs, "Melissa wait." She dumped her box on one of the stools and chased after her to the stairs, "Hey, wait."

The older Hastings girl spun around, "What?"

"You should give him a chance." Spencer said lowly, referring to Ian Thomas, the man averting his gaze when both sisters looked at him.

"And you're suddenly looking out for me because?" Melissa questioned.

"I don't know when this war between us got started, Melissa, but can't it just be over?" Spencer whined, "I'm only sixteen and i'm tired."

With pursed lips Melissa asked her younger sister, "Is this you trying to fix what you broke with Wren?"

"No. I'm just trying to do the right thing." Spencer said.

Melissa glanced over at a waiting Ian and sighed, giving in, "Coffee. That's it." She stated firmly.

Ian was quick to agree, "Okay."

Coming back down the few stairs she had climbed, Melissa grabbed her handbag off the couch and walked out the door first. Ian gave Spencer a small great full smile, before flashing Dylan a wink only the Young girl noticed, before leaving after Melissa.

Confused, Aria spoke up, "Since when are you mending Melissa's relationships?"

Spencer rejoined her friends around the kitchen island, "I kind of owe it to her."

"Why?" Dylan asked with pinched eyebrows.

"What's she ever done for you?" Emily added.

Sheepishly, Spencer admitted, "It's more about what i did to her," She paused, pulling out one of the sleeping bags from a box before confessing, "I'm the reason she and Wren broke up. We had a moment and Melissa saw us."

"A moment?" Emily asked.

Uncomfortable, Spencer said, "Yeah, and it gets worse," She sighed, "Yeah, Melissa doesn't know this part, i also had a moment with Ian."

"Shut up." Hanna exclaimed, enthralled with the drama.

"Yeah, shut up." Dylan added looking like she wanted to puke.

"It was early summer, before Alison went missing. It was just one kiss, but after they broke up, we started seeing each other." Spencer informed her friends.

"You, my dear girl, are dark. And twisty. You need help." Dylan said, rubbing her lips between her pointer finger and thumb.

"Don't," Spencer gave her a guilty look, "I already feel like a poster child for poor judgment."

"You should," Dylan nodded dropping her hands onto the counter, "Ian? Are you serious." The name rolled off her tongue laced in disgust.

Emily nudged the brunette in the ribs, shooting her a quick glare. Then she turned to the Hastings girl, her face falling soft, "You could have told us, Spencer."