08. upside down

Kavita's POV

With the newly created guard system, it was difficult to leave the camp.

5 days, and I have yet to see Lincoln. Although I knew he was watching, it would make me feel better to have another conversation. I wished things would go back to how they were; before the sky people.

It was currently night and I wandered around with no purpose. It was my third circle around the space until something interesting happened.

The ground faintly reflected an orange colour, and I peered up to the sound of crackling flames and heavy gas. What seemed like a rocket tumbled towards the ground and I noticed the crowd forming to take an astounded glance.

Bellamy's name was called, and I twist to catch him shoving his way to my side - without a shirt. My eyes unintentionally glued to his toned body and I heard a cocky laugh from above me.

"Like the view?" He nudged, and I then realized how sweaty he was.

A girl arrived from his left and my heart shattered. Her upper half was covered with a towel as she stared at the sight in amusement.

Acknowledging the fact that Bellamy had noticed my wide eyes against his sex toy, I turned on my heels and squeezed off to the distance. He and his actions were none of my business but I felt such anger and frustration. At him, but mostly at myself.

To further distract myself, I took my jacket and shrugged it along my arms and shoulders. The rocket intrigued me and I intend to see what's inside.

____________________________________________

Third Person POV

Taking the distracted criminals by advantage, Kavita finally managed to slip past the walls and search for the pod.

The bustling of her shoes crunches the leaves below her toes as she hops over the fallen branches scattered along her path.

It was currently night, and she doubted anyone would be following due to Bellamy's talk. But for the leader himself, Kavita was sure he was only stalling the rest. Why? That was only one of the questions she intended to figure out.

After a few twists and turns, Kavita was faced with a brutally damaged metal tin can. A voice echoes roughly from the machine, its sentence going on and off. She carelessly tumbled over to the pod and a scream almost released from her lungs.

A lady was sat inside; a head injury dripping of blood. Kavita was suddenly grateful that the girl was unconscious.

"Kavita?" A voice called out to her.

She turned to the voice, and rushed over to embrace the culprit. "Lincoln," Kavita breathed out with a smile buried in Lincoln's shoulder.

As the pair peeled off each other, Lincoln made one swift movement and pulled Kavita behind the trees. Acknowledging his intent expression, she decided not to question and look for herself.

There stood Bellamy, a knife in hand and a wrecked machine in the other. Its wires were messily torn, and Kavita noted the appearance. "He cut it."

"Why, exactly?" Lincoln inquired with raised eyebrows.

"Don't know," as Bellamy retreated from the scene, Kavita watched his disappearing figure. "He's a hard one to figure out."

"So, you like him?" Lincoln teased once more.

"We're in the middle of a situation right now and you choose to continue-"

"Oh come on," he nudged. "You said yourself once, that you like 'mysterious' boys."