11. a plan of escape

The tick of a clock drowned Kavita in sorrow and misery as she's been attempting to crawl out the mess that's bared her down with Lincoln's captivity.

"I gotta get him out, somehow," she mumbled, twirling a skinny twig in her fingers before it snapped due to her forcefulness.

She hastily snatched the two broken ends, whipping it at a nearby tree trunk in frustration.

"Ow!" A voice groaned, and Kavita stood from her spot along the fallen log to meet eyes with the man she's been avoiding.

       "Good aim," Bellamy held his forehead as he came into view. He pried his hand off the new scar, and the grounder diverted her eyes to her boots.

She began balancing on her heels, her hands wrapped behind her as her mouth opened to excuse herself. However, she didn't get very far on her words when Bellamy held up his hand.

"I know you've been ignoring me," he stepped closer, his arms crossed along his chest, causing his clothing to ripple and tighten.

Kavita observed the action, thinking that if the guy continued to tense his biceps, the sleeves would tear apart.

"I'm not ignoring you," she rolled her eyes to come in full contact with his. "I've been quite sceptical around everyone."

"Not with my sister," Bellamy raised an eyebrow. "And not with that grounder."

"Are we seriously still on that subject?" Kavita groaned as her arms flew up, and she made her way to swivel past the leader.

He latched his hand around her forearm, and they stood shoulder to shoulder for a brief moment before Bellamy shuffled his feet to block her passage. "No, we're not, and I didn't just come to find you for no reason."

"Because you don't seem like a man to do things without reason," Kavita glared at him through her curtain of brown hair.

"What happened to that talk we had before?" He questioned, releasing his grip.

"You blew it," she spat. "You showed me exactly how manipulative words can seem. I should've backed off as soon as I realized you reeked of sex."

Kavita shoved past the guy, but it was expected of Bellamy to follow her trail. "I didn't apologize for my personal life, I apologized for intervening yours!"

"Me and that grounder have nothing going on if that's what you're implying!" Kavita retaliated, twisting past countless trees and hopping over logs.

"Really? Because you seem to be quite cozy with him!"

"Excuse you?" Kavita didn't dare to turn around, allowing her legs to pick up their pace. "I don't know if you've ever tried, but it's quite hard to bang with chains!"

Bellamy snickered slightly at the comment, not wanting to admit to himself that the girl was an intriguing challenge.

"Even if you didn't restrict him, there would be no way I'd get that close to him!" Kavita called out.

She was able to make out the camp's gates, and she waved up an arm to indicate her presence. The guards on duty opened up the entrance, and she hastily began to search for Octavia's tent.

____________________________________________

"We need to get Lincoln out of there," Kavita informed the younger Blake, whom sat criss cross legged in front of her.

"But how?" Octavia pondered, unraveling her legs and flopping against her sleeping bag. "I'm not so sure we can disguise a guy that tall from the group."