✦𝓔𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼✦

What were emotions? Albedo had once asked himself this question. 'Once' being approximately 300 years ago, when he first came into being. He remembers looking around and seeing human-looking males, who lay lifeless, 'They are puppets, a byproduct of creating you' he remembers his master, his mother, the one that gave him life say to him. 'You are a successful experiment it seems'  He remembers the feeling, like there was something bubbling within him. An emotion. What was it? Ah yes, proudness. 

He remembers her giving him cloths, and a name. 'Albedo, my child' She had said, looking at him with a small smile on her face. Regrettably he doesn't remember how she looked or 'who' exactly she was. And he didn't question her. He was an artificial human being, bornno, created using chalk, without any impurities. Already having more knowledge than an average human-being, he tried to talk 'Is it you who have created me, mother?' He had asked her and seeing her face he knew. 

His star mark, the proof of being Rhinedottir's creation, he felt happiness that time.

She had also taught him the Art of Khemia, something only a few alchemists knew. He remembers her guiding him around and telling him her name, Rhinedottir, though her assistants had always called her Gold. He remembers feeling proudness overflowing him a second time, as he was the only one who has ever called her Rhinedottir. He preferred referring to her as mother or master.

He remembers her sitting down and explaining about how he had a brother, a failed specimen, a 'disgrace'  as she called him. She told him that his brother had been swallowed by Durin, a venomous dragon. 

What emotion did he feel at the time? Happiness? Greif? Pitifulness? He doesn't remember. So after seeing his brother again, why did he feel sadness? Shouldn't he be happy that he was mother's favorite child? When he saw that his brother lacked their mother's print, being the star-shaped mark, and how desperate his brother had tried to get rid of the mark, he had asked himself 'Why did brother lack mother's print?' 

He felt another emotion⎯ two to be precise, angriness and sadness, oh how cruel he was for thinking such foul thoughts about his brother, who just wanted to feel happiness. 'Happiness' was something Albedo didn't feel too often, only when he was with Klee, Alice and the traveler did he ever feel 'happiness'

He wanted to forgive his brother who tried to kill the traveler and the others, 'Was this the right choice?' He had asked himself, he couldn't come up with an accurate result for this particular experiment. He had heard the saying ''Follow your heart!'' far too many times, but.. did he have a heart? 

Albedo decided to forgive his brother because when he had tried to kill him, his brother looked at him with sadness in his eyes, he knew what he felt at the time, all his brother wanted was to feel happiness, so Albedo had granted his wish. He turned him into another person, Joserf to be precise. That way the kid, Joel and his mother could be happy again.

All of that was over, there were no more threats then why did he feel like something was amiss. He touched his mark again, it was a little rougher compared to his skin. He felt insecure of it, once it was a proud possession and now it was nothing but the cruel memory of his mother. He should be grateful of her for creating him, and he was. But now.. he viewed her as a selfish person who only wanted the 'perfect' son. He felt angry.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

''A commission in.. DRAGONSPINE!?'' Paimon exclaimed at Katheryne, who wore the same smile she did yesterday, ''Uh Kat, you do know that there is a blizzard coming right?'' Lumine questioned her.

''Indeed, and that is precisely why we have chosen you, the Honorary Knight to do this task'' She looked at Lumine ''Please do help us, there are many adventurers who have ventured into Dragonspine and as the blizzard is going to hit sooner or later, we want them to be safe and sound'' Katheryne pleaded ''Alright, for the sake of the adventurers.. ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵉʷᵃʳᵈˢ'' Lumine grumbled the last part, ''Paimon c'mon now, let's get going''