11. signs misleading to nowhere

I wake up on the couch.
Mike and Deven are up on the other couches, already drinking coffee and toking.
"Y/n! You're awake, let me get you coffee." Mike jumps up and heads into the kitchen.
"What happened last night? I thought I was in the car with Jimmy."
Deven looks at me, "No, you tried to get in but Jimmy was already on the gas when you tried to get to the passengers side."
"Oh.."
"It's not your fault," Mike pipes in from the kitchen, "he shouldnt even have attempted driving."
"Where is he?" I ask.
"Trailer." Deven nods towards the door, "You shouldn't care."
"I do though."
Mike returns with my coffee.
"I think, at least for the time being you two should say sober." Mike suggests.
I nod, "Yeah, okay."
"Thanks for the coffee and toke dude, but I think I'm gonna head now."
Deven gets up and leaves.
Mike sits beside me and sighs before turning his head and looking at me.
"Hey-" he starts a sentace but stops before the rest of the words escape, "Nevermind."
"What is it?" I question him.
"Don't worry about it y/n, I dont want to stress you out."
"No, Mike, please just tell me."
"Are you sure?"
I nod, "It'll stress me out more if you don't."
"Okay, I was just going to ask if you're really still going after him?"
"I-" I look at him puzzled.
"I mean, if you are, thats your decision, I just, don't want to see you get hurt anymore then you already have been."
I stay silent for a few seconds, taking in what he said.
I take a breath, "honestly, I'm not sure, I like him but there's currently more negitive than there is positive."
He nods in understandment.
He leans in slightly, "Maybe you guys need to take a break?"
"Maybe thats a good idea," I look up into his eyes.
He cups my face gently and moves his thumb across my cheek ever so slightly.
I lean in, our lips graze against eachother and my stomach fills with jittery butterflies.
He pulls away, "I'm- uh, I'm sorry y/n."
I look down, confused and disappointed.
"Was that okay?" He shifts a bit closer to me.
"Yeah," I nod and look back up at him, "Yeah, I liked it."
He kisses me, our lips intertwine beautifully.
Mike pulls away again.
"Fuck." He furrows his eyebrows, frustated.
I look down and pick at my cuticles nervously, "Whats wrong?"
"I like you y/n.."
"I think I like you too."
He lights up slightly.
I yawn and rub my eyes, "I'm sleepy."
He stands up and grabs my hands, "C'mon then, you can sleep in my bed."
I wobble upstairs, clinging to his arm for support, it feels as if I'm breathing and bathing in fire. Every inch of my body burns.
He peels back the covers so I can just focus on laying down without hurting myself too much.
"Do you want me to stay or let you sleep?" He asks gently.
"Stay... please," I respond.
He smiles and curls up beside me, he pushes the hair out of my face and gazes softly into my eyes.
"You're so precious."
I drift off into a light sleep while he plays with my hair.
Time skip <33
I wake up an unknown amount of time later and Mike's gone.
I groan and stretch before rolling out of bed and wandering downstairs.
"What time is it?" I ask whoevers rumagging around in the kitchen.
"9:30, why?" Jimmy answers.
"Oh, hi, Just wondering, I was asleep for that long??"
"I guess so."
"Where's Mike?"
"Out, he went to a party or something I think."
I walk into the kitchen.
"Have you eaten?"
He shakes his head.
"Should I get pizza or something?"
"Sure."
I check my phone and see a text from Mike.
"I'm at Devons party, I left you $40 bucks for dinner or theres leftovers in the fridge <3"
I smile at the text.
"I'll order, let me get my wallet." I walk casually up the stairs and grab the 40 off the nightstand.
I call and order a large cheese and a large meatlovers before heading back into the kitchen.
"It'll be here in 20."
He nods and grabs a beer from the fridge.
"Hey, you can stay in the trailer, Mike said I could stay in here,"
"I already have a spare room downstairs." He explains coldly.
"Whats the matter with you? You hit me with your car, dont you think I deserve at least a little bit of compassion or empathy?"
He rolls his eyes.
"Nevermind.." I let my voice trail off and scratch the base of my neck anxiously.
"You're right, I'm sorry." He forces himself to say, I can tell its genuine but he didn't want to admit he was wrong.
"If you had a room downstairs why didn't you stay there last night?" I ask.
"I was mad, and Mike didn't offer it to you because I told him not to let anyone in there."
I nod, "Why, is your gay porn stash down there?"
"You caught me," he smiles slightly.
I nod again awkwardly and go sit on the couch.
I flip on the TV and flip through the channels before Jimmy comes to join me.
"Anything good on?" the cushion shifts beneath him as he puts his weight on it.
"No, not really."
He rests his arm on the back of the couch and looks over at me.
"You're gorgeous Ellie, I don't tell you enough."
I blush and smile but my mind is going to war.