Chapter 3- Deserved

I arrive back home from a questionable day at school. By questionable I mean below average. But it can always get ... better? A car isn't here. 

 A car is missing so I figure my mother is probably out with her friends which leaves me home alone. Sweet. I quickly take off my uniform and I'm left with my undershirt and boxers. I'm going to enjoy my time alone. I sit in front of the big TV downstairs and start searching for movies. My mother never lets me use this TV for some reason says that it's way too loud.  Before I can even find a show to watch I hear a voice that startles me.

"huh, you really thought Octavia" My mother glares at me "That TV is for guests only."

"I-I thought you left the house,"  I reply hoping she doesn't notice the shakiness in my voice. I thought she left! " because one of the cars is missing."

"What? Why? oh- yeah one of the cars is going to be used by our new driver " She beams.

I just groan. Why couldn't she go I dunno have more friends.

She looks at me shocked, "Hey, you! where are your clothes!" 

I groan louder.

"Even if you thought that I wasn't here you know the cleaner show up in ... an hour!" 

"uh huh"

" Go upstairs right now young lady." 

I make my way upstairs but not before hearing my mother mutter something in a harsh tone.

" This slob she just gets home and already has left a disgusting mess."

I roll my eyes, it's just my clothes. I settle down in my room, when I make it to my bed I don't even bother turning on the TV. I decide to take a quick shower and put on a new uniform. I came up with this ingenious plan so it takes me less than 5 minutes to get ready in the morning. I love this, I mean it's so easy just socks, tie, and shoe and I'm done.

After a bit of playing on my phone, I just close my eyes and knock out. 

***

When I wake up my mother seems to be in a complete rush, she looks pissed. 

"OCTAVIANA! This is the fifth time I've tried to wake you up!" she shouts

I look at her dead face. why does this woman feel the need to yell every single morning?

"...yes."

"You were supposed to be up 20 minutes ago! I even tried to wake you up early to meet your new driver! " my mother frustratingly screams.

"I am, "I say meekly

"....."
"I was going too," I say even quieter.

"If you aren't gone if 5 minutes your father and I are going to have a serious chat. Okay?"

"...yes." I despise the fear tactics she tries to use. 

I ignore my raised irritation and put on my tie and sock and head downstairs. There's probably no time for breakfast so I head towards the door. I take a look at the new guy, he has all white hair but looks to be in his 40s. He looks well dressed as well but has a slightly annoyed expression on his face. 

" Hello miss I am your new driver" he states

I just walk towards the car.

"ah - My name is -"

"do you know where we are going, " I say blankly

that annoyed expression quickly returns " yes ma'am"

I head into the car and quickly get seated. I don't understand why I'm being berated so early in the morning I always wake up at this time. It's probably because of this stupid new driver that I got yelled at for no reason. Luckily the driver doesn't try talking to me again so the drive goes relatively quickly.