Chapter 4- Cruel

....
 I can't walk into class like this. Can I just rub it off? I try my hardest to rub it off but in the end, it just makes the marks look more believable. Was this her genius plan?  Oh God, I'll just stay here for the rest of the day. I sit for five minutes but... At the end of the day, I am going to get caught.
*Sigh*
I get out of the stall I happened to find myself in and head to class. I might as well get the day off if I'm going to stay in the bathroom all day.
I start heading off to my next class which is with Mrs.Kender, the history teacher. She is such a straight lace for people who are late that I have been marked by her multiple times and I don't even have her on the first period. There is no way I won't get suspended. absolutely no chance.

"Octavia you're late ...." I hear Mrs. Kender's voice trails off as she tries to process what she is seeing. 
I hear the class slowly devolve into whispers. Then a sudden burst of laughter starts amongst the class.
I make my way to my seat as calmly as I can not showing an ounce of how I feel on the inside. I briefly look at Alyssa and see the same demonic smirk that caused this.? she has a slight smudge on her lip I smile lightly and tap my lip. she seems to catch on and swiftly tries to get something from her bag.

I focus on my seat and I sit proudly like nothing is wrong. Ignoring the entire class laughs and stares. I've felt like a zoo animal before and the last time was so much worse.

"O-O-OCTAVIANA!!" Mrs.Kender roars "TO THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE RIGHT NOW"

"yes Ms. Kender"

That's about what I expected. I get up out of my seat and walk out of the class. I can still hear the class dying from laughter in the middle of the hall. As I walk down the hall I can see strange stares from anyone who sees what the demon did. The principal is Ms.Hennway who unlike Mrs.Kender is pretty okay. She's friends with my dad but I still tend to stay far away from her. If Mr. Flores suspects I'm being bullied then Ms.Hennway would be convinced or at least you would think so with how badly she coddles me. Even her nephew doesn't get this much attention from her it's ridiculous.
Finally, I find myself standing in front of her office. I see two other students sitting in front of her office. They both seem distraught but as soon as they see my face they look two seconds from laughing uncontrollably.

 I'm already sick of this. It's so embarrassing I should have just stayed in the bathroom.

Ms.Hennway's door opens up. She seemed to be finishing up a conversation with a different student.

" Alright, mister Rodrigez I shouldn't see you back here got it?" Ms.Hennway now looks at the rest of us " So who is next --  " 

her following word seems to get tangled up in her throat. She looks at me with complete disbelief.

"Octavia, what the hell happened to you?" She gestures for me to enter her office.

I walk in with the same deadpan face I've been holding the entire time. She looks confused but waits for me to start explaining. I try and get comfortable in a chair while not saying a word. As the silence continues she says my name. I look at her and sigh.

I try my best to look her in her eyes and say "I didn't do this on purpose"

"You know I could- no should suspend you for this Octavia"

"I didn't do this on purpose" I repeat.

she looks shocked for a second but quickly composes herself. The amount of concern emanating from her is overwhelming.

" Did someone force this on you?" She asks in a soft tone. 

I squirm in my chair at the accusation. 

"Not quite- " before I finish my statement Ms.Hennway interrupts.

"Who did this to you Octaviana," her voice starts to rise " Octaviana you have to tell me. This kind of behavior is unacceptable you know that."

"It was just a joke" I try to deflect. I did sort of, in a twisted reality, ask for it.

"stuff like this is not a joke" this is the harshest tone I've ever heard her speak to me with.

" A cruel joke," I sigh" but she didn't do it maliciously."

her eyes bore into me but I let the silence sit. I don't speak until she does. I hear a loud groan come from her that almost makes me jump from my seat.

"Octavia... I'm going to send you home today... and give you a week of afterschool detention." She talks sternly, "Know that this could have been a 3-day suspension but you got it easy Octaviana."

Huh. I got what I ask for I guess, and a little extra.

"Alright, Ms.Hennway," I say back just so she finishes up faster.

Her eyes dart back up to mine" You know I'm going to tell your dad about this."

I physically cringe at this. Why? My dad is going to make an unreasonably big deal from nothing? It's one thing for my mother to do it but for my dad to do it too ugh nightmare fuel.

"why?" I whisper but she somehow still hears me.

"Because If what you said was true then your dad has to know" 

" Alright," I mutter. I get up to leave but once I reach the door Ms.Hennway speaks up.

"Octavia I know you wouldn't do something like this. I know you don't like being touched...by women but you should have told me who was responsible"

God, I hate what she's implying "whatever" and I swiftly leave the room.

Why does she have to bring up completely unrelated things? This had nothing to do with that so I have no clue why she even "subtlely" brought it up. I despise it. then all of a sudden it's my fault for not telling anyone. Like maybe so but I don't want to hear it. I can feel my frustration about to boil over so, I just try to concentrate on walking near the entrance of the school.
I sit on a bench outside and text the driver. 20 minutes later the driver comes he gives me a weird stare but quickly wipes it off and opens the car door.
Well, now I have my mother to deal with.

 I don't really have a good excuse for why I'm arriving early. I hope she thinks I didn't do my homework again. Wait no that that won't work she'll still see my face.

Great.