Chapter 6- Mess

You know I have to give credit where credit is due at least Ms.Hennway listened to me. My mother on the other hand is convinced I was having a make-out session in school. With a woman. In school. My dad must have instantly texted my mother about what happened at school. And my mother decided to hound me about nonsense. She even made me take a photo to send to my dad.

I really like my dad. Although he is never home I'm close to him. Though he does feel more like a friend than my actual father. I think it helps that he is rarely home so I don't get sick of him. He is way more tolerable than my mother especially because he listens and he at least considers me in his decisions.

I unsilence my phone and see that my dad texted almost as much as my mother. I guess he is worried. And he has called 11 times.
I call my dad back and he picks up almost immediately.
"Hey sweetie what happened?" I haven't heard my dad's voice in almost a month.
"Some girl in my class wanted something from me" I wave my hand even though he's not here.
"A girl in your class?" He repeats.
"Yeah, she wanted something and I asked for something in return " I vaguely continue.
"Did she want to kiss you?" He asks confused.
"No"
"Did you want to kiss her?" his voice sounds even more puzzled.
"No dad"
" Then why did she do this to you?"
" ... I asked for a day off? Then she came up with a terrible plan to get me in trouble" I murmur back.
I heard my dad chuckle a little but he composes himself and asks.
"Just to be clear sweetie she didn't do this to ..."
"No dad I - it was kinda my fault" I reassure him. The last thing I want is for my dad to worry over nothing.
" Alright sweetie, I saw the picture your mother took. Makes you look like a player." he teases.

" Dad leave me alone. I got after-school detention for what she did." I can feel a slight blush creep up my face.

"Reminds me back in my old days. I bet I showed up to class like that a few times. Women couldn't help but throw themselves onto me!" He sounds even more amused.

I just roll my eyes. My dad is a complete liar. The last time a woman "threw herself on to him" was to punch him.

I can feel the sarcasm start to ooze out." Uh-huh, dad, and I'm betting the red marks you got were bruises from the beating you got."

"Yup!" I can hear him smiling"Hey sweetie I have to go. Try and behave yourself okay?"

"Yes yes, I'll try and make myself less attractive-"

"Goodbye Viana," he says sweetly.

"Like you" I finish. I hear my dad chuckle and end the call. That call went much better than I expected. My dad is a bit of a worrywart but I like him. He never tries to make me uncomfortable. I'm really glad he didn't freak out. I lay in my bed and start thinking about my awful day. 

...
I wonder why Alyssa did that she could have spilled juice on my shirt or something less ... physical. It's no surprise Mrs. Kender threw a fit. I really don't want to hear the lecture she'll give me next class. But I'm surprised I didn't get suspended, an honors privilege I guess, or nepotism. I do wonder why Ms.Hennway didn't give me a makeup wipe though. 

As I quietly think about what happened it's no surprise I hear my mother on the yelling phone.

".. ctavia... EMBARRASSED ME... dare..." 

I just sigh. yeah, I embarrassed her. That's all she can think about. Of course, my mother has to brag to all her friends about how embarrassed she is.

*sigh*

 I turn on a fan in my room it's not warm or anything I just don't want to hear anymore. I eventually fall asleep.

***

when I woke up I instantly know I was late for class. My mother probably didn't wake me up out of spite. Well if I'm already late I might as well shower I forgot to last night. Once out of the shower I take my time getting ready and head down the stairs. Once I'm down I see my mother glaring at me. I just sit down and get breakfast. I don't think I ate yesterday. My mother just looks even angrier but before she decides to explode on me I finish up and leave towards the door. I put on my shoes and quickly get out of there.

The driver also has a sharp glare, but I ignore it and head toward the car.

"My name is Edward," he states trying to mask his frustration.

I don't acknowledge his statement and just get in the car. the drive was as silent as last time.

Edward, I don't have anything against him but glaring at me really? Whatever, I not going to pretend I wasn't being a brat. As I'm lost I thought I miss all the stares that shot my way but the thing that brings me right back to reality is the whispers. So annoying this is going to take weeks for everyone to let go. I should have just told on her. No, she would have been suspended... that has nothing to do with me. Well, I'd rather not be associated with her like that. Rumors like that are soul-crushing.

I look at my phone just before silencing it and see my trainer has texted me? Ah, I must be because I missed yesterday. And yup that's why. hm oh, that might be why the driver was extra mad. Oh well.

I  respond to my trainer and head to my first period. which is... Mrs.Sanfleur our french teacher.

I hate Mrs. Sanfleur she acts like a perpetual teenager. She loves to gossip among students and constantly interrupts class with phone calls. She's a teacher? She is supposed to teach. There was one time she just assigned a section she was supposed to teach in class as homework. Absolutely insufferable. I don't doubt that woman is going to try and make a scene about it in class. She loves to whine and complain about how cold I am.
I'll deal with her as I've always. Ignore her like the plague along with the rest of the class.