What If She Left?

After the gown fitting of her fake wedding to Denis. Eda had come to a decision. She will stop all the pretenses and do everything in her power to make him remember. She was walking towards their office when she heard him and Selin deciding on a wedding date, set next month. She was heartbroken. After all the challenges they have faced together over the last year. He decided to never give her a chance to prove their love. He had totally forgot about her.

She entered the office and grabbed her bag and left for home. She arrived home with Ayfer cooking some dolma in the kitchen.  She said hello and went straight to her room. As she lie on bed thinking of all the time she had waited for him. Just 4 months ago, they were about to get married. Then he decided to fly to Italy the last minute for business and thought she'd never see him again. Then he came back, not to her, but to Selin.

Eda wiped the tears and grabbed her phone and sent a text to Pyril. "Pyril, can you come over to my place. I need to talk to you about something." 

Called Ceren and asked if she could come with Melo.
She changed into something comfortable and started packing  her suitcase. She will be leaving Istanbul to visit her grandmother in Mardin the next day. She needs time to think things thru..

Fifteen minutes later Ceren and Melo arrived. "Dada, why are you here? Don't you have work?" Melo asked.

She looked at both her friends. Ceren, may not have been the best lately but she was still her friend.

"I've decided to leave Istanbul." she said.

"What? Why? Where will you be going?" Melo asked.

"I've decided to stop pretending that I'm engaged to Denis. And I will be leaving for Mardin tomorrow. And will leave for Italy on the weekend."

"But Eda, what about your projects in Art Life? Your shares in the holding?" Ceren this time asked.

"That's where I need your help Ceren, I want to give Pyril access to my shares, she can represent me. And I need you to prepare all the papers before I leave Turkey."

"But Eda, I know I haven't been the best friend lately, but why would you do this? Your life is here in Istanbul. Your family. Your friends." Ceren said, hugging Melo.

"You can always come and visit. And I'll be here Friday night we can spend the whole day together before I leave."

They heard a knock and came Pyril.

"Eda, what's happening? Why did you call me here?" Pyril asked looking at the three ladies inside the room.

"Can we go to the terrace? Let's talk there." she lead the way to the garden terrace. The other three followed and made themselves comfortable.

"Pyril, I've already told Ceren and Melo. I'm going to Italy to finally finish my studies."

"You are? Wow! That's great!? Then you'll be working from Italy?" Pyril smiled.

"No Pyril. I have talked to Ceren about this. I will be handing over my design and projects to you. And I will be giving you a special power of attorney to manage my shares with the holding."

"What?"

"Ceren will prepare all necessary papers and I will sign them before I leave in three days. I can't work here knowing he is going to marry someone else. I need to make a life without him. After my graduation, I will decide if I'm going to sell my shares. But for now, I want you to represent me in every meeting and projects Art Life will have."

"But Eda, what if  he suddenly get his memory back?"

"I'm tired of waiting. I have tried everything I could think of. Every time he feel something he does something to make Selin feel better. I can't do it anymore."

"I will accept this. But Ceren needs to help me. And please come back. Work is going to be dull without you."

"I can't promise you that. I'll stat in touch. But for now. No one should know about this. I will not be going to the office starting tomorrow. If you have questions, give me a call. Anyways all the drawings have already been approved. There should be no problem."

Ayfer called them for an early dinner, and eda told her about her decision." oh  Eda, I'm sorry about Serkan, but I think it's about time you do something for yourself. If he is meant to be with you. Then he will come to you in the right time."

" Thank you Auntie." they finished dinner and talked about many things. Italy has always been her dream.   Now, it will all come true. Not how she wanted to. But it's good enough. A new life in a new place. Maybe make new friends. But it will be very difficult to forget that love. That love that has made a person better. Love that had made you come back even if you know it's risky.

A love worth all the sacrifice. Serkan was that love for Eda. But he chose not to dwell with reality. Chose not to remember. He was stubborn when she met him. A robot. When they were together he finally lived. But after that accident, he came back a Robot again. He's in there somewhere. The Serkan who was madly in love with her. But he's given her so much heartbreak that Eda finally got tired.

She loves him dearly, but that love is not enough for her to fight and stay. Now she chose herself. Chose to live the life she deserve. It's been long overdue.  It's time for a new Eda. She wipes off the tear from her eye and stares at the sky.  She has called her grandmother earlier. She was in London for business. Her plan to leave for Mardin the next day won't happen.

She decided to book a hotel in Antalya. She will visit the place one last time before she leave. She told her aunt she's going somewhere else. Not gelling her she was going to Antalya. No one knows. She wants to be alone. She wants to go back to the place where she started to fall for the great Serkan Bolat.