What If She Left, for good!?

This is a work of fiction and is based on the Turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi.

====================================================

It has been a few months since. Serkan, suddenly was in robot mode. Like when she first met him, which made Eda confused and they have been having frequent fights. He was all work and nothing else. Every time she suggest for him to take it slow they'd start fighting. He started accepting projects in bulk. The whole team was busy, even Erdem was busy. He had spent most of his time at the office. He was nothing like the Serkan she knew and loved. It was as if cancer had changed him. 

Lately, he didn't even mind Eda was spending most of her free time at the flower shop with her Aunt and Melo. Whenever she comes home at night, either he's got the laptop in front of him or he's sleeping  or he was still in the office and would wake up the next day with him gone. 

It was a Sunday, his only off day from work. His Mom called Eda for them to have lunch, without consulting Serkan, Eda said yes to the invitation. They have not seen Aydan in almost a month since they moved out of the Bolat compound. He likes to spend his rest days at home, tinkering with his laptop. Finishing drawings and templates for one of his many projects. 

Serkan parked the car in the driveway. Eda insisted they come because his mother asked her to. As much as possible, Serkan wants to spend less time with family. He distances himself from them after learning about the possibility of him getting sick again. He doesn't want them to suffer the way they did the first time, especially Eda. 

Eda got out of the car first and waited for him. She reached for his hand and they walked towards the pool, where the lunch table was set up. 

"Oh there you are. Just in time for lunch. Have a seat, we prepared some of your favorite dishes, Serkan." They go around the table and sit beside each other. "This lamb is so tender Aydanhanim, very delicious." 

Eda said while slicing a piece of lamb. 

"I asked the chef to serve this specifically, it's one of Serkan's favorite dishes." Serkan however never said a thing. He's been silent since they got there. 

"Serkan, since you and Eda are here. Don't you think it's about time to talk about the future?" Aydan asked. Eda had been trying to talk Serkan into planning the wedding, but every time she does, he dismisses the topic. 

"What do you mean, mom?" 

"I think we need to plan the wedding. I'm not getting any younger. I want to see little Bolat babies running around the property soon enough." Smiled at Eda and winked. 

"No, it's not the right time for a wedding. I have a lot of pending projects in the firm." He said, grabbing the glass of water in front of him. "Is this why you insisted we come? To talk about the wedding?" He tilted his head and whispered to Eda.