What If You Saw Him?

note:  this is a work of fiction and is based on the Turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi.  

----the heart knows what it wants----

The morning after.....  Antalya

Eda woke up early and called the front desk she'll be checking out in an hour. Ceren called late last night informing her about the documents. She needs to get them signed today. As much as she wanted to stay in Antlaya longer, she can't. So she had breakfast and got ready, then left the hotel. It was an 8 hour drive back to Istanbul, exhausting yes, but she'll get plenty of rest in the next few days. 

 Last night was heavy.  She decided to visit the Temple of Apollo to see the stars, just like how they did that last time she was there. It was beautiful. Very.  But one of the reasons she was there was to say goodbye. She can't say goodbye to him in person. Other than it wouldn't matter to him. She will never be able to say it to him face to face.  So she decided to tell the stars about it.  Serkan was the first man she had ever loved and will always love. But for now, Eda had to love herself more than anything. 

She drive past through a store, she had been driving for 4 hours straight. The GPS says there's a gas station nearby, she stopped and fill the car and grab some food to eat on the way. She was just pulling away from the gas joint when she saw a black convertible pulling over behind her.

It was almost 5 in the afternoon when she got home. Ayfer called her she'll be home around six and they can have dinner together with the girls.  She called Melo and Ceren to inform them she was home. Pyril, knew she was back in Istanbul. They had been exchanging text messages since yesterday.  Denis called, but she never answered, she had sent him a message saying, everything is cancelled, no explanations.  

She lay on the bed, trying to think of something sensible, but it all drifts back to Serkan.  She changed into some clean clothes and decided to cook some kebab for dinner. Her Aunt will be thrilled. She just placed the meat in the oven when the bell rang.  It was Pyril, she came straight from work. 

"Hey, just wait in the couch, I'll get us some tea." Eda walked back to the kitchen to get some refreshments. 

"Eda, are you really sure you want to do this?" Pyril asked while picking up her tea. 

"Yes, Pyril. I know it may seem so sudden, but I am tired. I love him, but because of that love, I feel like I'm starting to lose myself. I can't let that happened." She looked out the window. 

"I'm sorry, I can't blame you. But do you really have to leave Turkey so soon?" 

" Yes Pyril, I need to leave. If I don't Leave soon, I'll never be able to." she gave a shy smile.

Then Melo and Ceren appeared from the hall. In Ceren's hand was the documents she asked for. 

They discussed all things needed for the transfer and signed.  

Pyril left after Ayfer got home. Engin was home waiting for her. They their goodbyes and parted ways.  

During dinner everyone was silent and Melo was the first to say something.

"Dada, are you sure about this?"

"Yes Melo. I am sure." she answered. 

"Eda, you will be coming home to Istanbul after, right?" Ceren asked. 

"Maybe, or you can come visit. Semiha has a house in Rome. Aunt will be visiting me there. You can come." 

"We'll definitely put that in perspective and maybe Fifi can go.  Imagine all the shoes there is in there." they laughed. Ceren has always been obsessed with shoes. 

They ate dinner smiling after that. Italy with friends was not a bad idea. A little distraction won't hurt.  

Ceren decided to stay the night. she slept in the room next to Melo. The house was silent, but Eda was still awake. She looked out the window to admire the view and decided to go for a walk. Making sure her keys were in her pocket, she closed the front door and left. 

Art Life Building.....

Serkan was finishing up with a drawing. Trying to distract himself from what happened in Antalya. He had followed her until she got to her room safely.  He wanted to talk to her the next morning but when he came knocking on her room door. A person from housekeeping answered saying she already checked out. 

He got back a few hours ago, Engin already left. everyone has left. He decided to work on some of the proposed project, but he can't concentrate and decided to go for a walk.  His feet took him to the same café where he ran into Eda that one night. He looked through the window, there's a table open.  He went inside, sat on the chair facing the door.  He was about to order when the door opened and came in Eda, her hair tied up like a messy bun. He swallowed a lump on his throat. Then she decided top look up towards him. Eyes locked, she smiled a little. 

"What are you doing here?" she asked. 

"Uhmm.. I was just trying to get some fresh air. I was passing here when I saw a there was an available table and decided to get some coffee. You?" 

"I was walking around the area and decided to grab some coffee on the way home." she said. still standing up. 

The waiter came and they ordered. "Eda, please have a seat." she smiled and sat on the chair in front of him. 

" Where were you the last two days, Eda?" he asked

"I decided to take a breather Serkan. Unlike you, I have things to do other than work." she said, looking out the window.  Why won't she look at me?  Serkan was about to ask her just that when his phone started to ring. Eda looked and saw the caller ID ..Selin calling....  and right on time so did her coffee. Good thing she ordered to-go.  Serkan looks at her and she smiled, stood up and said. 

"I have to go. I wish you and Selin the best. Farewell Serkan Bolat." 

PS...... 

Photos are from google images

PPS.... 

if you have any suggestions please let me know. Í'll try  to insert it on the next chapters somehow.