What If He Suddenly Remembers?

note:  This is a work of fiction and is based on the Turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi.   

---You've always shine the brightest----

===========================================================================

"Don't go Eda. Don't go." 

Eda woke up from her sleep.  She was in the plane. Serkan followed her to the airport earlier.  "For what reason Serkan?"  she asked him. Her face full of hope. 

"You can't leave the project hanging just like that Eda. That project is yours, you can't just hand it over to someone else and leave."  he firmly said. 

 "I can, and that someone is one of the best architects in all of Istanbul, who happens to be one of  your best friends. Now if there's nothing else, I'll be late for my flight. Goodbye Serkan Bolat" she then walk through  the boarding  gate and never looked back. 

 She wiped the tears falling from her eyes and exhaled. If Serkan told her to stay for him. She probably would've, but he didn't.  

She was miles away from Istanbul, and is scared somehow, but at least she had school to distract her.  Melo was crying when she left the house today. Ceren took her to the office and to Aydan with her Aunt Ayfer.  It was difficult to part with the people you cherish all your life.  She looked out the window and smiled.  Wondering if she'll ever go back. 

Art Life Building.....

Selin has been calling Serkan for over an hour.  

"Why isn't he answering me?" she was worried. She heard from the break room that Eda decided to leave for Italy. Denis, no one knows where he is. She immediately dialed his number and he answered in the second ring.  "Denis, what happened? Why did Eda suddenly left?"  she asked. 

"What do you mean she left? I have been trying to call her over the last three days, but she never answer. I received a message from her three days ago that the wedding is cancelled. Did Serkan got his memory back? Selin this can't happen." he said over the phone.  Selin fear the same. Serkan is her lifeline. She can't lose him.  "I'll be over there in a few. We need a plan." she ended the call and grab her bag. Serkan cannot go back to Eda. No. It can't happen. She was determined.  

Denis' cafe....

Denis had been pacing in the room for quiet sometime. He has always been in love with Eda. After Fifi called her about Eda being obsessed about Serkan's accident months ago. He deliberately decided to go home and help with the search. He had known people over the years but inside of him. He wishes he'd never come back. 

He knew Eda had always treated him as a friend and nothing more. He had long accepted this, but after Selin had suggested they'd help each other to keep the two apart, he had to grab the opportunity. As it was his only chance to have her.  He tried calling Eda again but still no answer. "She didn't even say goodbye to me." he bit his nails.  What if Eda know about his deal with Selin? he thought. "No, impossible."  the door opened and Selin walks in.   "So? Do you know where Serkan is?" he asked. "No, he's not answering my calls." they stared at each other. 

"Selin, maybe it's time to just let it go. You know there's a possibility that Serkan can get his memory back anytime. What if it already happened?" 

"No, it's not possible. I need to find him." Selin stood up and left. "What if someone send them the photos of me and Selin?" he grabs his phone and goes after Selin. She was about to drove off when he got out.  He needs to talk to her about the photos. 

"What are you doing? We can't be seen together?" Selin asked but he was already in the car. 

"We need to find out who sent you those photos Selin. What if he tried to send Serkan another set of those. We'll be toast. And what if that person has send one to Eda?" 

"We need to think this through, go to my house tonight, I'm going back to the office." Denis got off the car and Selin drove off. 

Bolat house.... 

"Engin, can you come over to the house? It's about Eda."  he turn his phone off. it has been ringing all day. Selin's been calling, but he's got no time for Selin. Eda left. She left. He walks towards the bar and pour himself some whiskey.  Goodbye Serkan Bolat keeps on ringing in his ear. 

Serkan sits on one of his couch, trying to calm down. his pulse have sky rocketed since he remember how Eda decided to walk out on him at the airport. She didn't even looked back. He just stood there hesitant, if he'd go after her or just let her be. He'd been sweating like hell. He went home straight away. He needs time to think, but how when all his thoughts is about Eda. Eda smiling at him, Eda crying that day he came back to work. Eda. Everything seem to be about Eda.  He walks towards the stables. The horses seem to know something was bothering him. He decided to saddle up, it's been a while since the last time he rode a horse if he remember correctly.

The horse was galloping around the fenced ground when he suddenly remember something. It was clear, Eda walking down the auditorium , he was sitting on the stage.  'This must be a mistake about the scholarship, can you give me your name?'    'No, you cannot know my name, you don't deserve to know my name.'  Everything was clear, then he felt dizzy and fell off the horse. 

"Serkan, brother. Are you okay?  What happened?" Engin was talking. Serkan opened his eyes. The horse was standing around five feet away from where he was sitting on the ground. "What happened?" he asked confuse. "I was on my way to you house when I saw you laying on the ground. What happened to you?" Engin help him up and they walked to the house. "Eda, I need to talk to Eda. Then there it was again. 

He thought of Selin but everything goes back to Eda. Eda arranging flowers, Eda cooking in his kitchen, Eda visiting him in jail. Eda proposing.. Everything came pouring back. That first day they met at the university. His birthday, that night at the Temple of Apollo. He cried. He was overwhelmed with emotions. Everything was clear. His heart beating fast. He needs to talk to her.  "Engin, I remember everything. I need to go to her. I need to find Eda." 

He grab his keys and called Leyla. "Leyla, I need the plane now. I'm flying to Italy." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS.. 

I am doing this differently, because they deserve happy moments too.. 

but then again, if you have suggestions. I'm willing to consider it.  

PPS 

We all want our own fairytale... xoxo

pps

What's the best punishment for selin?