Stalking The Predator.

Chapter 18

(Felt like the song was really good and really good to the story. It's like Reader to Danny.)

(This is a shorter chapter, sorry guys but it'll get even better, promise!)

               A week past by quickly but that night kept replaying in your head. Ricky was the kidnapper. The killer. The killer that killed Danny, your only son. Your baby boy. The manager has called during the week, telling you where the new place was and when your shift started, when you heard his voice, you felt utter disgust. But you couldn't say anything to him, you had no evidence, they would obviously deny it, and who would believe you? You would have to stay silent till the right moment comes.

~~~

               You get ready for work, trying not to ditch, but you have to go, there's going to be another victim, you have to watch Ricky. You throw on your uniform and walk to your car, the place was farther than the first place.

~~~

               You arrive at the new place, it's much smaller than you expected. You park in the parking lot and walk inside the building, there were less guards than usual, Mike wasn't there. You look around, exploring the new place, you see Ricky down the hallway, talking to the new guys, laughing and talking innocently. You couldn't help but feel rage inside you, he murdered innocent kids and he's off free, laughing with people, while you cry all the time due to him and what he's done.

               You keep an eye on him, not letting him out of your sight and he still doesn't notice you. He talking and eyeing the kids, why haven't you noticed this before? Eventually, he starts talking to them, you get closer to hear what he's saying.

"Hey there! What's your name?" Ricky said in a gentle voice.

"Nicole." The little girl said shyly.

               "Aw, don't be shy, I'm Ricky. It's nice to meet you Nicole." He smiled. "Hey, listen." He grabs her hand pulled her off to the side. You couldn't hear what he was saying. You try to catch up and eventually do, you see Ricky handing her a slice of pizza. "Enjoy your day!" You sigh in relief. However, you know that it wasn't just over.

~~~

               Ricky was playing with the other kids, while you stayed near the back of the room, watching. You kept angrier and angrier every second you look at him, you wanted to kill him yourself but there was no way of doing that.

               He kept playing with them, then he looked up at you and smiled, then walked up to you. "What's up with you?" You wanted to yell, kit, kick, punch, kill, anything to him. But you just look at him, you saw the man behind it all. You saw the true monster.

               "N-Noth-" You couldn't finish. You just turned away to look at the kids. "Just go away." He shrugged and walked off to the kids. You wanted to cry and throw a fit, but you just stood there. Wanting Danny back.

~~~

               You started to get a little closer to the kids, till you notice Ricky walk to the back, you start walking towards his direction. You eventually start to run, hoping he wasn't walking with a kid. When you finally catch up with him, you see him getting a soda from the vending machine in the break room. You felt a little dumb for being so wrong, but you wanted to be sure, you walk back towards the kids. You were gonna do anything to protect these kids.

~~~

It got late, your shift ended, so did Ricky's. You felt really happy about that, you've protected them today, you were proud.

"(Y/N)?" You turned around, it was Ricky. "I have a question."

"What?" You say coldly.

"Could you stay after, tomorrow? I have to talk you privately." You freeze for a moment, was he going to confess tomorrow? Or something more, should you go or stay.

"Uhm." You couldn't decide.

"It's important." You nod. Not knowing exactly what you're doing. He smiled.

"Good." He started walking away to his car, you did the same.

~~~

When you hopped on your bed, you kept thinking. What did he want?