~Chapter 1: Memorys~

It was truly a beautiful night. A night of drunk laugher and waltzing across the giant ball room. What made it most special though was it was the night all four of the mighty kingdoms came together and announced peace between them all. So everyone from near and far came to celebrate. The party of course was held at the Holly Berry palace, after all it was known for the best party's. And all though-out the ballroom it was covered head to toe in gold and silver silk provided by the Golden Cheese kingdom riches. Then there were the most gorgeous black and gold dress and gloves. Though the fashion was all very unique from their own kingdoms the outfits hand made from the Vanilla and Cacao kingdom stood out the most. At least that's what Dark Choco thought. There at the throne stood the proud child along side his father who was making small talk with the other royalty. The young prince only 4 was growing impatient and bored. He wanted to go out to dance and play with the other children but he knew his father wouldn't allow it. The young prince knew something was off about his father that night maybe it was because of the way he stood that day or how he tensed up around anyone who got to close. However Dark choco simply put that to the side as he saw his father get up along side the other ancients.
"Son, I must go discuss a important topic with the other lords. I need you to stay put".
As the King began to walk off dark choco quickly tugged his fathers rough cape.
"But father! I want to play with the other children... I get so bored just sitting here watching the adults..."  
"Sigh, fine you may play with the children but if I find out you have left this room or caused trouble you will be punished understood?"
  "Yes sir!"
Dark choco quickly rushed off into the ballroom and made his way to the other kids.
Hours had pasted by, Dark Choco was sure it was around two in the morning. He had gotten tired and the children had all gone home. However there were still hundreds if not thousands of adults there but yet the lords were still nowhere to be seen. Dark Choco grew worried as he had long forgotten his fathers rule and made his way though-out the ballrooms doors. All the loud chatting and music was suddenly muffled as Dark choco walked away. The young prince wondered though the long hallways searching for his father until he heard yelling and running heading straight towards him. Dark choco quickly ducked and hid behind a suit of armor as he looked to see what happened. Another young boy around his age with large glasses, short brown hair and dirty clothes ran by with a much older woman in a chefs hat chasing him with a wooden spoon followed behind. Soon enough they were out of sight and Dark choco got up again continuing his search. Finally after another thirty minutes he had found the smallish room where he heard his fathers voice but right before he could touch the door nob. A very loud crash and a window shattering was heard. The next thing dark choco knew was a very strong looking solider crawled though the window. Dark choco quickly rushed away heading back to the ballroom in hopes the person did not see him but as soon as dark choco reached for the door to the ballroom his arm was yanked back and being dragged the other way. Dark choco was about to scream until another hand was placed over his mouth.
"Be quiet my prince! The vanilla soldiers might hear you."
Dark choco finally got a good look at who was taking him and it was the same brown haired boy with the big glasses. Dark choco was quickly dragged into a room and locked in with the boy. The room also had another person there that dark choco knew.
"Oh thank the divine your ok my prince, and thank you little boy for finding him!"
Dark choco was forced into a hug by affogato who was also still thanking the little boy. The boy however had quickly ran over to another part of the room and broke through a thin piece of the wall.
"Quickly you two, crawl though here it's a secret passage that will lead out to the back of the palace! That is where the king and your get away driver is!"  
The two royals acted quickly as they crawled into the tunnel and the boy was going to follow behind them but a loud crash was heard and the soldiers had busted into the room so the boy quickly shut the passage way and stood in front of the soldiers. Held on tight to affogato and cried as he heard a louder crash and the boy scream. Finally they got though the tunnel and rushed towards the black licorice carriage that was calling them over. But a small group of soldiers stopped the carriage and Dark choco and began to close in on them. The soldiers ripped Dark choco and affogato away from each other and pushed affogato to his knees.
"You are the young advisor for the foolish bastard correct! Tell us where he is now or we will slit your throat right here and then kill the boy!" The solider yelled to affogato.
"The only fool here is you! I may only be sixteen but I know a retard when I see one!" Affogato laughed.
The solider brought his dagger into the air and quickly slashed down trying to hit affogato but Dark choco had slipped his way out of the other soldiers grasp and stood strong right in front of the advisor. To which he quickly fell over when he felt a large stinging pain on his right eye. The air suddenly felt so cold to dark choco as he held a hand over his eyes his vision quickly blurring. The soldiers simply stood in fear and shock. But that was quickly brought to a end as every soldier felt a sharp pain though-out their stomachs and and found themself sliced in half. Now bleed out on the cold pink concrete. Affogato was holding Dark choco tight again as he took the chance to rush over to the carriage and hop on the back. Along with the blood stained king who still stood strong and unharmed. Dark choco was fading in and out of consciousness as he failed to recognize his surroundings. He only heard muffled voices saying his name and feeling warm hands and cloth around his before finally passing out.
☹︎
☹︎
☹︎
☹︎
........I toss and turn uncomfortably as the sun hits my face though the closed window trying to stay asleep. Of course I fail horribly groaning as I sit up and stretch.
*knock knock*
"My prince it's time to get up, your breakfast is ready and you need to get ready" 
"Ughhh, can I just get five more minutes Affogato?"
"I swear your highness if i were as lazy as you I'd be dead! So no you can not sleep in it's already late and you also need to start your lessons!" 
"fine....I'm up. No need to be so salty about it"
Dark choco finally stands up next to his bed to see an irritated Affogato, who tossed a neat and cleaned outfit to him.
"Now then I'll leave you be to get changed but you need to hurry! Cause besides your lessons there is a surprise for you"
Affogato smiled as he closed the doors behind him leaving. The statement left dark choco puzzled but he didn't mind it. He quite liked surprises. So the prince quickly got dressed and made his way through the dark and smoky castles halls. As he made his way though the halls servants, maid, and butlers all bowed as he passed. Finally Dark choco was in the dining room where stood a few servants and Affogato sitting smiling  as he stuffed his face with ice cream covered with coffee. Dark choco took a seat next to Affogato and looked over at him.
"Well someone's hungry...ahem anyways Affogato you said there was some kind of surprise for me?"
Affogato wiped his face with a napkin then replied "Yes, there is but you'll wanna eat first before then so be patient and eat my prince~"
Dark Choco only sighed as he took a bite of the fresh meal that was placed in front of him. It wasn't worth the fight. Dark Choco slowly finished his food helping him wake up a bit more. Affogato who was already finished was now standing at the end of the table waiting for Dark Choco. At least until another cookie had burst though the door gasping. To which the prince immediately rose from his chair concerned. The cookie who had made a poor entrance was none other than his "student" Carmel Arrow.
"My prince, I'm so sorry to interrupt your meal but your fath-"
Affogato quickly covered the woman's mouth and shushed her.
"Hold your tongue fool! Can you really not keep a secret?"
Dark Choco rushed over to the two Frenemy's.
"Silence Affogato! Carmel Arrow what happened to my father?!"
Affogato rolled his eyes as he uncovered Carmel arrows mouth.
"Well my prince your father has finally returned from battle with great news!"
"Ugh! Well I guess you know your surprise now your highness....nice job Carmel arrow!"
Affogato scoffed as he bugged Carmel arrows shoulder. Dark choco's eye lit up as he quickly rushed out of the dining room and made his way to the front of the castle looking though a tall window. Seeing the strong cacao army make their way though the gate his father leading them. The prince got even more excited as he burst though the front castle door, startling the army and their horses. Dark Cacao however was unbothered had expecting this to happen.
"Father! Carmel arrow told me that you had great news! Have you won the battle? Oo! Or did you win the war? Do tell me what happened!"
Dark Cacao only smiled as he gave his horses Handle to a servant. "Walk with me son there is much to discuss"
Dark choco quickly rushed over to his father walking along side him. Turning the corner to avoid the others sight. The young prince walked slowly and patiently waiting for his father to say the good news. Then his father took a deep breath and looked dark choco in the eye.
"Dark Choco, your twenty one now correct?"
"Yes father I am...."
"Sigh, I'll get to the point then your going to get married in eight months from now. You will be marrying princess cookie from the Holly berry Empire. You and her will hold up the peace between the Cacao Empire and the Holly Berry Empire" 
"HUH?!.....but father you remember what happened the first time we met! That HEATHEN bit me and when I try to become friends with her she just acted a fool and ran off to the forest! My god if I ever tried that with you I might as kill myself while I could..!"
"Somehow I knew you'd react like that, I do understand that you don't wanna marry a girl like her but we both don't quite have a choice...."
Dark choco stood silent fearing what's left his freedom is about to be taken from him. While Dark Cacao looked away and opened a side door to enter the kingdom stopping.
"Listen son you have eight months I know you'll make the right choice when the time comes....you will also being traveling with affogato and that bodyguard of yours to the Hollyberry Empire so you can find a way to get along with each other tomorrow.....Don't fuck this up for us"
Dark Cacao finished his speech then stepped inside the kingdom closing the door behind him. Dark Choco immediately feel to his knees and began to hyperventilate. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Good news my ass.
Dark choco struggled to slow his breathing as he got back up and ran towards the training grounds.