6: Questioning and Fights and More Questioning

Ichigo's Point of View

I was staring out the window, lost in thought. This morning, the Soul Society told Rukia to return immediately. They didn't explain why. I told my friends this, and Evie said that Renji got the same message at the same time as Rukia. There seemed to be nothing of importance about it, but still, it was a little weird and sudden.

I jumped a little when my combat pass went off. I was too lost in thought. I looked outside and saw the hollow. I was about to get up when a soul reaper with familiar white hair killed it. "That was quick," I mumbled to myself. Toshiro turned around and looked at me. The message in his face was clear. He wanted to talk to someone. He looked at a few seats behind me and watched Evie. She was watching him back.

• • •

Me and Evie were walking home after a failed mission of spying on Yajimaru. Everyone else was too busy to help us.

We were both thinking about Toshiro.

"Who was that soul reaper?" Evie asked. "He seemed to know you."

"That was Toshiro Hitsugaya, the Captain of Squad 10," I explained. "I wonder why he's here..."

"I'm here because I have a few questions," answered the soul reaper. We turned around and saw Toshiro walking towards us in soul reaper form. His turquoise scarf swayed gently in the wind.

"Hey Toshiro," I said.

An anime vein popped on his forehead. "It's Captain Hitsugaya." He calmed down and turned to Evie. "Are you the Hollow Hunter that Lieutenants Kuchiki and Abarai met?"

She nodded. "That's me. I'm Evie Ressello."

"I came to ask you about the half-being, Yajimaru. Do you know if he went anywhere last night?" he asked.

Evie shook her head. "Not that I know of. We've been wanting to spy on him, but we couldn't because we don't know where he lives and he can teleport so it would be too easy for us to lose him."

"Why?" I asked. "What happened?"

"This morning Captains Kuchiki and Ukitake, for some reason, ordered Lieutenants Kuchiki and Abarai to return to the Soul Society. When questioned about their actions, they claimed that a feeling came to them that they needed to. When trying to remember what happened last night, both Captains fell over in pain." Mine and Evie's eyes widened in shock. "Captain Unohana checked on the two and claims there is some sort of mind block. We just need to know if half-beings have the ability to change memories."

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea. I don't know very many abilities that half-beings possess. The only ones that I know of are teleportation, shape shifting, and Alchemy." Evie explained.

Toshiro turned to me. "Do you know anything?"

I shook my head. "I didn't even know about half-beings until a month ago. The best place to get answers would probably be Yajimaru."

"Do you know where he is now?"

We both shook our heads. Then I said, "We tried following him after school, but he disappeared. For all we know, he's on the other side of the world."

Toshiro nodded. "Alright. Thank you for your help. I'm going to see if I can find Yajimaru myself then." He turned around.

A thought came to my mind. "Hey, Toshiro, is Rukia and Renji going to come back soon?"

He turned around and faced us with a confused look on his face. "The lieutenants were supposed to be here by now. I don't know what's keeping them." Then he flash stepped away, leaving me and Evie to be even more confused.