you make me feel safe

*WARNING this part has very dark stuff in it and spoilers for many seasons*

reid is going to be staying with amber so she won't be alone if her ex-boyfriend comes back to hurt her again.

as he is driving, he keeps hearing his team asking him why he is so upset about this case.

spencer thinking. "why can't i just tell them? they would understand, at least hotch would understand, the first time i saw the photo i saw it, she looks so much like maeve, i can't let amber die too, i should just tell them, they will understand".

he pulls into the parking lot of ambers apartment and gets out of the car he goes inside the building; spencer walks down the hallway to ambers apartment wearing a black sweater and black pants.

he rings her doorbell and waits for her to answer.

and she does, wearing a pink tracksuit her hair is in a high ponytail and she has on a necklace that is an A, he thinks she looks beautiful. 

"Please come in" amber tells reid as he stands outside her front door.

"thank you, i hope you don't mind me staying here, i will be quite so you won't even know i am here" reid smiles at her.

"you don't have to do that, i feel bad that you have to stay here with me, i can be a bit boring" she tells him.

"i am told a lot that i talk to much, i just know things and want to help the team" reid tells her

"oh, that's not nice" amber says

"it's ok, they are like my family, so i think they just like to pick on me sometimes"

"well still" amber walks to the kitchen.

"can i sit here?" reid asks pointing to the gray sofa.

"oh yes, sit, sit"

 " thank you" reid smiles

"Would you like a drink" amber asks with a little bit of fear in her voice.

"only if it not to much trouble"

"no, no it's not" she takes a bottle of spring water out of the fridge and walks back to the living room.

"here you are" she says handing him the bottle.

"are you scared of me?" reid asks softly    

"i am just sacred" she answers

"of me"

"of men" she tells him.

"oh amber you don't have to be scared of me, i would never hurt you, i am here to keep you safe" he tells her

"i know, it's just.....josh got mad so easy" she tells him looking at the floor.

"well i am not josh, and he is a jerk to have done that to you, you should have been treated like a princess" he tells her.

amber looks up and smiles at reid.

"do you really think that?"

"yes i do"

"thank you, no one has ever said that to me before" she tells reid with a little smile.

"well your dumb ass ex should have told you that every day" reid says.

"he never told me that, or even told me he loved me" amber tears up.

"oh amber i'm so sorry, why did you stay with him?, if you don't mind me asking?"

"low self-esteem. " she starts to cry.

"oh amber don't cry, we are going to get him for what he did to you, and you won't ever have to worry about him or even think about him ever again" reid tells her reaching for her hand.