Untitled Part 1

Night-time In Konoha

Five-year-old Naruto Uzumaki was running down a crowded street. Nearly everyone in the village was out tonight to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the death of the Kyuubi. As well as to mourn the loss of their previous leader 'The Fourth Hokage'. And though Hiruzen had retaken the mantle of Hokage. It wasn't enough to drown out their grief.

Little Naruto, was one of the many kids whose parents had died during the Kyuubi's rampage. And he had been an orphan for as long as he could remember. Though the Hokage tried to help out where he could. It could never replace Naruto's longing for a home.

The villagers ignored him. They treated him as if he was cursed... Destined to be forgotten. So Naruto would play pranks on them to try and get their attention. But all that did was drive them further away.

We now join Naruto as he was running away from a group of angry villagers that had recently been pranked.

"Get back here, you brat!" A man yelled. His clothes dyed a bright orange from Naruto's most recent 'Prank'.

*Laughs* "Nuh-uh, You won't catch me!" Naruto yelled back as he continued mad dash. Nearly knocking a few people over in his haste to get away. And those he didn't knock over, the mob did.

"Whoops, *Giggle* Sorry lady!" He called out to a purple haired woman he had almost knocked over.

"Watch it, Brat!" she yelled. "Almost made me drop my dango...*Bump*." The women, Anko Mitarashi. Had just taken a bite of her Dango stick when the crowd reached her and accidentally knocked the Dango out of her hand as they ran by.

Everything almost seemed to slow down for Anko as she watched her precious Dango fall to the ground.

"You...you...YOU BASTARDS!" she roared as she took off after the mob.

As Anko was a Chunin. (And quite a good Ninja.) She quickly caught up to the mob and proceeded to knock most of them unconscious. She then spent an additional thirty minutes lecturing them on the glory that was Dango and why they should never waste a single bite. Even referring to them as the 'food of the Gods'. (Though an echoed voice replied that Ramen was the food of the Gods. She decided to ignore that.)

Naruto managed to get away from the mob after a majority of them had been KO'd by Anko. He dove inside an alleyway that he knew to lead back to the orphanage. One of the Perks of being a 'Street rat'. (As the villagers called him sometimes.) Was that he knew most of the streets like the back of his hand.

A useful thing to know when you're planning to run away from a mob of people you just pranked.

Naruto was just exiting the alleyway. (After making sure that no one was still chasing him, of course.) When he spotted two ninja walking down the empty street. One of them had gravity defying silver hair, And was reading an orange book.

The other had a Bowl-cut hair style and the bushiest eyebrows Naruto had ever seen. (He was also wearing a skin tight jumpsuit... But Naruto tried his best not to look at it.)

"I wonder where they're going? The festival is in the other direction." Naruto quietly said to himself. (Although, 'Quietly' for Naruto was how an average person normally spoke.)

"I'm gonna follow em'" He once again spoke out loud.

"He knows we can hear him, Right?" The silver haired one asked the other.

"Ah, the springtime of youth is strong in the little one. What's the harm in letting him follow us, Kakashi?" The Bowl-cut responded

*sigh* "None at all." Kakashi replied.