Untitled Part 16

Temari paced around inside her brother's hospital room. Gaara had fainted sometime after the one-tail returned to its seal and hasn't woken up since. She was beginning to believe the Konoha doctors had done something, but the small smile on his face was keeping her from doing anything rash.

"I bet that damned blondie had something to do with this. *Sigh* Nothing's gone well for us ever since the preliminaries ended." She thought back to the moment everything went wrong, and ultimately ruined her father's plans.

Flashback

Gaara had to be carried to Konoha's hospital after that blond idiot knocked him out. He'd been asleep for over two weeks, with no sign of waking up. and now the Hokage had come to see them... *Sigh* what else could go wrong?

Baki apparently had to kill a leaf Ninja after their meeting the other night, to avoid him telling the Hokage of their plans.

And now the Hokage had come to see them only a few hours after...

"*Sigh* what else could go wrong?" She wondered.

"Greetings, Sand Nin." Hiruzen said as he and Naruto entered Gaara's hospital room.

"Hello, Hokage-Sama." Temari bowed and elbowed Kankuro in the ribs, so he would as well.

"Oh, none of that now. After all... We're allies, right?" Hiruzen asked with a (clearly fake) smile.

*Nervous laugh* "Of course, Hokage-Sama." (Temari)

"See, I knew we were allies... So, mind if I asked you a hypothetical question?" (Hiruzen)

"Uh, sure?"

"First... Mind if I sit down?" Temari nodded.

"Thanks, these old bones have been giving me trouble lately." Hiruzen smiled and took a seat in the available chair, while Naruto stood beside him.

*Sigh* "Ah, that's better... Now, what would be your father's response if... let's say.. one of his allies were plotting against him?" Hiruzen lit his pipe and leaned back in the chair.

"I...I'm sorry?" Temari squeaked. Kankuro discretely pulled a Kunai from his sleeve and palmed it.

*Chuckle* " Looks like I'm not the only one with hearing problems here, eh Naruto?" Naruto looks at Hiruzen.

"Hmm, Did you say something, Jiji?" Naruto tilted his head.

"... You've been hanging around Kakashi again, haven't you?"

Naruto pulls a book out of his back pouch and started reading it.

"I have no idea what you mean, Jiji." Hiruzen's eye started to twitch.

*Sigh* "Nevermind."

Hiruzen looked back to the Sand Ninja. Temari and Kankuro were looking at them in confusion.

"I'll just repeat myself then... What would your father do if an ally was plotting against him?"

*Gulp* Kankuro stood up and Temari stepped in front of Gaara.

"Why do you ask, Hokage-Sama?" (Temari)

"As I said, it's a hypothetical question." Hiruzen smiled at her.

"He... He would probably do something to ensure his 'Ally' was punished for their betrayal."

Hiruzen rubbed his chin in contemplation.

"Yes... I suppose that does make sense."

*Chuckle* "Well, who am I to argue with your father on such matters?" Hiruzen stood and walked to the door.