Untitled Part 17

Naruto and Jiraiya had been on the road for two days, and though Naruto wanted to just jump to Tanzaku town. He followed the old pervert's orders and walked alongside him.

"You can't rush these things, Naruto." Jiraiya told Naruto one night while they were preparing their dinner.

"But it's so boring~." Naruto complained.

*Chuckle* "I know." He reached down and stirred the pot of soup he'd been preparing for the last hour.

"Why can't I just jump there, grab this Tsunade lady, and jump back?" Jiraiya fell off of his makeshift chair/stump, in laughter.

"What's so funny!?" Naruto yelled.

*Laugh* "You...You actually think you can just grab the 'princess' and not lose your arm?!" Jiraiya guffawed. His certainty, that Naruto would get injured actually managed to slightly worry Naruto.

"Is... Is she that strong?" His words cause Jiraiya to calm down and ask.

"Brat, have you truly never heard of her?" Naruto shook his head.

*Sigh* Jiraiya rubbed his hands through his hair.

"What did they teach you in that damn Academy, if you don't even know the First's granddaughter?"

"Wait, granddaughter?" Naruto's mind went blank for a few seconds, before.

"EH? She's the First Hokage's granddaughter!?" Jiraiya nodded.

"That she is. Though, her name isn't what made her famous." Jiraiya could tell he had Naruto's attention, now.

"What's she famous for?" Jiraiya pulled the spoon out of his soup, took a big slurp, then smacked his lips before calmly responding with...

"Being a sucker." Naruto fell off his stump, then jumped back to his feet.

"She's a what!?"

"A sucker." Naruto's face turned red.

"Um... Well... To each their own... I suppose." Jiraiya took a second to think about what Naruto said, then he fell back laughing.

*Laughing* "Not that kind of sucker!"

"Oh... Then, I'm confused." Jiraiya finally calmed down after several minutes of laughing, to explain.

"Basically, she's a horrible gambler, and she will lose any bet she makes."

"Oh... She sounds kinda dumb if she continues to make bets, then."

Tsunade had just placed an Extremely high bet, on a game of blackjack. When she suddenly sneezed, causing the seven the dealer was going to grab to fly off the table. A ten was picked up in its place, which put her at twenty-four.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but you've gone over twenty-one." The young woman said.

"Damnit!" Tsunade yelled and slammed her sake jug through the table, causing two large men in black suits to come have a 'chat' with her.

Jiraiya nodded, but then stared intently at Naruto.

"I'll agree with you there, but don't let her hear you say that."

"Why?"

"Because she's also known for her physical strength, and a temper to match." Naruto tilted his head to one side.

"How strong is she?" Jiraiya shrugged.

"Probably stronger than you, if she tried." Naruto could feel himself getting pumped up.

"Really!? Do you think she'll spar with me?"

"She might... why?"

"Do you have any idea how long it's been since I've been able to actually hit someone!?" Jiraiya was confused.