╰┈➤ Chapter 33

Navigating the dark hallway proved to be easy because they already know what to expect. Studying the ins and outs of the school ever since they woke up in this timeline was a really good move because they managed to step out of the building with ease. The hambies lead the way, both Cheong-san and Gwi-nam on the front while Nam-ra settles on the rear with Su-hyeok in front of her. On-jo and Hye-wol were in the middle of the group as they formed a straight line, crouching down low to avoid being at the zombies' eyesight. The rain and the thunder helps camouflage them but the lightning makes it harder for them to avoid being seen by the zombies. 

When they reached the entrance of the school building, they all hid behind the decorative bush, kneeling on the ground as they strained their ears to keep alert. 

Cheong-san and Gwi-nam turn to Nam-ra at the same time, the girl only nodding to them before the duo stand up straight, walking in the opposite direction. Cheong-san and Gwi-nam saunter towards the two zombies near them. Cheong-san swings his modified bat and hits the zombie on the head really hard while Gwi-nam snaps the head of the other one before they turn towards the group and nod at them. 

"Come on," Nam-ra's voice took their attention from the duo to her, "Let's go to the auditorium before the rain stops."

"But we'll get stuck there," Hye-wol retaliated in a whisper tone, eyes roaming around in fear of the zombie hearing them. Her grip on On-jo's hand tightens so the lass squeezes her hand to somehow comfort her. 

"Don't worry, Hye-wol. Everything's planned out already," Nam-ra assures her, "No one's going to die."

This time, it was Nam-ra leading them, Joon-yeong and Gyeong-su at the rear while holding their bats tightly. Hye-wol's forehead furrows, seeing Gwi-nam and Cheong-san walking towards the field instead of going back to them. 

"Where are they going?" Hye-wol whispers to On-jo as they walk. 

On-jo looks at the duo walking away before answering, "They have a different role to fulfill."

"But Cheong-san… Her mom…" Hye-wol stuttered out, not really sure how she should turn her worry into words. 

"Mrs. Lee?" On-jo smiles, "She's safe and alive. Both Mr. and Mrs. Lee were safe in Seoul already. We all made sure of that." 

They stop to hide behind the huge truck, seeing the horde of zombies roaming around at the other side. Hye-wol's forehead creases deeply, her eyes swimming with worry because she knew that there aren't zombies supposed to be roaming in this scene– only Mrs. Lee.

A hand suddenly grabs her other hand making her flinch but immediately relaxes when she sees that it was Nam-ra, "If you are worried about the continuity changing, there's nothing to be worried about. We're just going to the auditorium to rest the night away and we'll leave as soon as the sun appears."

Su-hyeok walks closer to her, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ears, "And you were really attached to Ha-ri Noona on our timeline. Wouldn't you want to save her also?"

Oh right, her two favorite characters; Ha-ri and Mi-jin. 

"Joon-yeong…" her tone's barely a whisper but the lad who owned the name immediately appears in front of her. 

"Yes?" the bespectacled guy asks, eyes that's been magnified by the thick eyeglasses he wears looking down at her with his full attention. 

"The auditorium.. You know…"

"I'll die there, right?" Contrary to her expectations, Joon-yeong seems so fine about this, albeit showing a miniscule amount of discomfort, "Yes, I can remember. If Gyeong-su managed to change his faith, so do I. There's nothing to be worried about, doll."