Chapter 26: Their Pain

Bangalore

It was 6 am in the morning, as the sun rays touched his face he opened his eyes. He looks down and Manvi was sleeping holding his hand tightly. He slowly removes his hand and gets up.

He looks down at the scattered things, he picks them up and arranges them properly. He bends down and picks up his phone which was broken. "Ye ladki bhi na.. Gusse mein sab kuch tod deti hai ab bulbul ka phone aayega main uthaunga nahi toh wo bhi gussa karegi" he murmured.

He then realized the reality, he himself had broken their relationship. A sarcastic smile appears on his face as destiny had played a cruel game with him.

He walks out of Manvi's room and moves to his own room to freshen up

He turns on the shower and remains standing under it with closed eyes. His pain and sorrow were washed off with his tears. He remembered the accident, Manvi's vocal cord being damaged, breaking the marriage with the love of his life, and most importantly breaking Bulbul's heart which he hadn't even dreamt of. He broke many promises and for that, he won't be able to forgive himself.

The doorbell rings, he came out trance of his thoughts and turns off the shower. He wears his clothes and walks towards the hall. He opened the door and was left still at his place seeing neighbors standing there with a smile on their faces.

They were assuming the marriage had happened and they were here to welcome the bride.

"Are Viren.. Tumhare chehre ka rang kyun uda hua hai? Kahi humne subah subah disturb toh nahi kar diya?" one of the eldery lady teased him.

"Kar hi diya hoga bhabhi... waise bhi humse zyada disturb karne waali iss pure society ki no.1 shaitaan iske saath hi rehti hai!" the other lady said.

A painful smile appeared on his face. Of course, Manvi had been the very mischievous girl of society. They had complained many times to Viren but he always favored her by saying she is a kid.

"Ab toh bhabhi aa gayi hai na.. Toh sudhar jayegi! Itni shanti kyun hai ghar mein??" Supriya asked.